Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Do you unclip and do a foot-throw when the rest of us do a bike throw for the line???

No. Obviously. It doesn't matter but you knew that already lol. I just pedal over the line smack bang in mid pack.
If i raced in front id mount my transponder on an extension flush with the front of my wheel haha

That only matters if you race for position though. Time is irrelevant then isnt it?, you cross it when you cross it. 
math is hard right? 😆

Edited by MORNE

17 minutes ago, Jbr said:

What I think about everytime I see someone with an ankle chip. Easy way to lose 5 positions in a bunch sprint 😜

^ Touché sir. Remember to show us on monday where you placed on the photo of the winning group as they cross the line haha

Edited by MORNE

6 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

I see you went for the appropriate intermediates not full wets

If this keeps getting wetter you better try and fit mtb rubber in your road frame 🤪 Thats alot of water!

07FC757F-1279-45D7-9858-565586D072BD.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

I don’t have a great seeding due to several reasons , namely me taking first timers around the last 2 years and most notably lack of talent 

This year I’m guiding my super fit runner surfer mate around so I’m dropping from 2D back to 6D - this might be my hardest one ever because on his first roadbike ride he did 100km in 3 hours 

So when you see a a shiny Ti gravel bike splashing past with a big man being chased by a skinny athlete, spare a thought 

at least I get a massive sleep in on Sunday and I can actually watch the winners finish before heading to the start 😳

2 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

I don’t have a great seeding due to several reasons , namely me taking first timers around the last 2 years and most notably lack of talent 

This year I’m guiding my super fit runner surfer mate around so I’m dropping from 2D back to 6D - this might be my hardest one ever because on his first roadbike ride he did 100km in 3 hours 

So when you see a a shiny Ti gravel bike splashing past with a big man being chased by a skinny athlete, spare a thought 

at least I get a massive sleep in on Sunday and I can actually watch the winners finish before heading to the start 😳

we were due to start in the same batch! maybe next time lol. I'm dropping to 8B🤮. you jest but i'll literally see the guys finish and start with the crazy ones who are keen for 2nd lap haha

Serious question:

what wet lube would you guys recommend for a wet CTCT? I guess i’ll be cleaning off the wax based one tomorrow. 

something one can find anywhere please, not some snake oil you import yourself😅

1 hour ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

I'm sitting here wondering if I'm going to ride in the wet, contemplating putting the 28mm back on the road bike when your post said gravel bike. Yes... Rather than a twitchy emonda in the wet with a thousand other lunatics a nice solid checkpoint gravel bike ride on big 38mm tyres .... That seems more sensible.

15 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Serious question:

what wet lube would you guys recommend for a wet CTCT? I guess i’ll be cleaning off the wax based one tomorrow. 

something one can find anywhere please, not some snake oil you import yourself😅

I'm using "White Lightning Wet Ride" (the Purple one) when doing wet rides on my Mtb, so it should suffice for a wet road ride too. Available at most LBS.

13 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

I'm using "White Lightning Wet Ride" (the Purple one) when doing wet rides on my Mtb, so it should suffice for a wet road ride too. Available at most LBS.

If a company makes a wet weather lube in a purple container and calls it anything other than Purple Rain then I will not support them.