CX 2021/2022

kosmonooit

Any International 'cross fans still here?

Racing is getting spicy, first two World Cups (in the USA) are done. One Superprestige and a few other warm ups.

Some excellent racing, especially with the Ladies. Brand is on fire. Vos giving her a hard time though. Denise getting close to the top step. U23 is also hotly contested, Fayetteville last night was superb.

Fayetteville-21-World-Cup-Brand-and-Vos.

Just about every weekend now until March.

Commentary on GCN / Eurosport with Marty and Jeremy is excellent, Ian Field was on last night with Marty, very good but there was some other male Brit hack lead for the earlier races that I am not a fan of, Marty was still busy with road events.

Otherwise can find Flemish / Dutch / French fta channels on line and use free VPN if necessary, Cycling Podcast has links as has Cyclingfans. Apparently World Cups on SS as well. No excuses!

Edited by kosmonooit
typ0$

Eish no takers????

If you enjoy mtb as a fan, then you going to love 'cross. its actually better because there are so many races. The races are a bit shorter (50 mins ladies 60 mins men) but generally athletes are maxing out all the way... no respite on most of the parcourses, and they vary in features, grades, terrain,

Quiet a few athletes 'cross' over between mtb and cx, Yo!anda has been giving it horns theasw last couple of USA races, came in 4th this weekend. On the mens more famously we have Wout, Mat vdp, and  Olympic MTB champ Tom "I was born to ride mtb" Piddles

Yes I am a cross fan, busy watching the two USA rounds now on DSTV Catch up.  Agree the ladies are pushing it and good to see Neff and a couple of other MTB ladies in the mix !!!!

Well the Iowa World Cup races were great - some great racing in both the mens and ladies, several lead changes and emphatic victories. Kata B Vas first podium! Won't be the last.  Hot and dusty. Mount Krumpet took its toll.

USA fun and games now over and the schlep back to Europe for  a double weekender coming up: Superprestige @ Ruddervoorde   and another WC at Zonhouven aka Sand Heaven on Sunday.

Is Vos on a new Cervelo. 
R5 with modified fork…read somewhere, but not sure that is the case, rear tyre will be limited.

• 3 weeks later...

EU Champs this weekend right?

Gonna be epic!

Iserbyt looks like he is in with a really good shout....

when is cross comin to SA (specifically the cape region)

looks like a lot of fun for our winter

13 hours ago, Eldron said:

EU Champs this weekend right?

Gonna be epic!

Iserbyt looks like he is in with a really good shout....

Yup, and GCN apparently going to be showing the u23 races as well for the first time, Ladies Elite today and Mens tomorrow, and I think the U23 is the other way around.

Hard to see past Isi ftw in the Mens Elite,  he has been cleaning up in just about every race so far, and no Wout, MvdP or Tomo.  Toon might be the one to challenge though.

Ladies Elite a bit more open, current champ Ceylin is not in good shape, who is is Denise B (my pick) but that fine young upstart Blanka KV has started winning now and there will be no holding her back, she is racing the Elites. But watch out for the world champ, she knows how to win races!

Edited by kosmonooit

3 minutes ago, YaseenEnos said:

when is cross comin to SA (specifically the cape region)

looks like a lot of fun for our winter

It will come here when someone gets it together to start organising races, and then the sport can grow.

It so big in Belgium because its intrinsically part of their culture, been there since the invention of  wheels,

1 hour ago, kosmonooit said:

Yup, and GCN apparently going to be showing the u23 races as well for the first time, Ladies Elite today and Mens tomorrow, and I think the U23 is the other way around.

Hard to see past Isi ftw in the Mens Elite,  he has been cleaning up in just about every race so far, and no Wout, MvdP or Tomo.  Toon might be the one to challenge though.

Ladies Elite a bit more open, current champ Ceylin is not in good shape, who is is Denise B (my pick) but that fine young upstart Blanka KV has started winning now and there will be no holding her back, she is racing the Elites. But watch out for the world champ, she knows how to win races!

It's a decent cycling day today considering it is off season for road.

Giro Criterium "race" in the morning then CX in the afternoon.

I think the UCI track champions league starts in Mallorca today too....

Yeah Isi got lucky this year! A 4 way race has become "everyone chase Isi". Either way I will be drinking coffee and doing fittings while I watch. A fine day in the lab ????

Not such a great course for the Euros is it? Up and down a grass covered tip basically, not much technical besides a bit of mud, very fast, but that is not to take away anything from Lucinda's victory: a great attack early on and she was not seen again.

image.png.0229790cb6c7dd13da7fb428d4c310f1.png

Great race for Silver/Bronze with Blanka and Yara, and happy to see Ceyling finish strongly in 4th, but my gal Denise  ... ag nee  it was not her day.

image.png.e45571fa41d189e188fcd9a13f1b2499.png

Watched the Track Champions league in Mallorca as well, I think it good entertainment, and all done in a few hours I just need to tune into another stream, I can't stand Carlton Kirby.

Edited by kosmonooit

Racing is on...

Damn frenchman and dutchie getting in the way of the EU Belgian national champs ????

That crash at the start was a bit hectic!