Tour de France 2022

'Dale

The biggest annual sporting event on the globe. Revealed today is the 2022 route.

Who will challenge the recent dominance of Team UAE-Emirates?

Jumbo-Vismas have been recruiting to bring on another challenge for the maillot jaune. What other key transfers will be made?

Ineos-Grenadiers have been resetting and have been letting go of quite a few stalwarts in their team. How will they shape up?

And the maillot vert - will it be Sagan in his Direkt-Energie jersey? What about the Manx Missile's future?

Hmmm...

spacer.png

The route appears to be finely balanced, with 53km of time trials bookending the race route, while visits to the Vosges, the Alps and the Pyrenees offer the climbers some chances to attack and gain time. The exposed roads of Denmark and northern France and the cobbled stage to Wallers-Arenberg will mean the overall contenders will have to be complete riders, able to fight in echelons and race on the pavé.

Sauce: CyclingNews

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ganna for a few days in yellow I think is the obvious takeaway here... Big strong rider will overpower everyone on a pan-flat course on stage #1. Will be interesting to see how he and the GC guys fair on the cobbles... I'm hoping for mayhem

as for Sagan, he'll be wearing the jersey he starts the first stage with each day he rides the race. So it goes...

13 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Ganna for a few days in yellow I think is the obvious takeaway here... Big strong rider will overpower everyone on a pan-flat course on stage #1. Will be interesting to see how he and the GC guys fair on the cobbles... I'm hoping for mayhem

as for Sagan, he'll be wearing the jersey he starts the first stage with each day he rides the race. So it goes...

You sick puppy ????

This explains the tour the France car that I passed on the climb up to my shack yesterday. Seems there is a stage start down in the valley about halfway though.

53 minutes ago, The Crazy German said:

This explains the tour the France car that I passed on the climb up to my shack yesterday. Seems there is a stage start down in the valley about halfway though.

The prologue goes right past my shop. Living in Europe has some rather random and fortuitous benefits ????????

Stage finish in Chatel right at the bike park. followed by a rest day in Morzine and a stage start in Morzine.

Aaaand the biggest linked trail network in the world.

Joux Plane and Avoriaz RIGHT there.

#justsaying.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

10 hours ago, Eldron said:

The prologue goes right past my shop. Living in Europe has some rather random and fortuitous benefits ????????

The prologue stage starts i find are the best ones to go to, followed by the individual stage starts.... as you get the chance to walk and mingle with all the team set ups, busses, riders mechanics etc.... we've been to the Monaco and London prologue and stage starts and even managed to stay in the same hotel as some of the teams...Monaco by pure flook we booked into the same hotel as team astana with Oom Lance... ????

Edited by SwissVan

1 minute ago, SwissVan said:

The prologue stage starts i find are the best ones to go to, followed by the individual stage starts.... as you get the chance to walk and mingle with all the team set ups, busses, riders mechanics etc.... we've been to the Monaco and London prologue and stage starts and even managed to stay in the same hotel as some of the teams...Monaco by pure flook we booked into the same hotel as team astana with Oom Lance... ????

Sweet!

Yeah - normal stages are 3 hours of waiting, 30 seconds of grabbing free merch and 20 seconds of a fast blurry peleton.

TTs have a far broader drinking window!

13 hours ago, 'Dale said:

You sick puppy ????

remember the year they started in Holland and had to ride over the polders in that frightful crosswind and there were splits on the 1st day in the GC contenders... that kind of mayhem... make it interesting and not just wait for an ITT to settle everything. 

38 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

remember the year they started in Holland and had to ride over the polders in that frightful crosswind and there were splits on the 1st day in the GC contenders... that kind of mayhem... make it interesting and not just wait for an ITT to settle everything. 

I remember the exposure to the ocean which likes like a massive water bridge.

If the 2021 tour is anything to go by, oh wow. There is very little grace in the peloton at this time it seems, tons of hyper competitive attitudes. 

17 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

I remember the exposure to the ocean which likes like a massive water bridge.

If the 2021 tour is anything to go by, oh wow. There is very little grace in the peloton at this time it seems, tons of hyper competitive attitudes. 

wouldn't it be great to have a peleton full of riders each with an equal chance of winning? Rather than us sitting here months in advance knowing what the GC order is going to be on any given day and which riders are going to do what... I never watched the Indurain years, but waiting for ONE rider one ONE stage to win the race surely must have been pretty boring.

1 hour ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Stage finish in Chatel right at the bike park. followed by a rest day in Morzine and a stage start in Morzine.

Aaaand the biggest linked trail network in the world.

Joux Plane and Avoriaz RIGHT

#justsaying.

Book @ Nantegue NOW

2 hours ago, capediver said:

Book @ Nantegue NOW

Sssshhhh!

I accidentally looked at flight and accommodation prices. 10k ish. for flights on Turkish and Airbnb prices seem cheap. Could easily go for 10 days for under 25k if one stays away from That BAR.

Edited by Duane_Bosch