X-Fusion Manic Dropper - Sticking Mid Way

Steady Spin

Interesting one. 

Finally got hold of a strap wrench to undo the top collar on the post. 

Cleaned it out (not that there was any grease or gunk) and applied some fresh SRAM Butter below the bushing. 

From all the way down it goes up completely with a satisfying thud when it stops at the top.

However, when it is only compressed halfway down the travel it refuses to pop up and is also had to press down. 

Fun one huh? 

Check the seat post clamp on the frame. If its too tight it can compress the bushing inside the post making it stick. Ive made this mistake in the past.

4 minutes ago, Fleming said:

Check the seat post clamp on the frame. If its too tight it can compress the bushing inside the post making it stick. Ive made this mistake in the past.

Torqued to the 4nm spec for the carbon frame it sits in. 

Then you're either dealing with wear in the lower tube, a faulty cartridge, or a bent upper tube.

Or maybe the pressure is a little low. I fitted a new Lyne dropper and for the first couple of rides it worked great and about a month later it did not want to extend all the way. Opened, cleaned and new sram butter it worked better but not great. Checked pressure and it was 140psi so pumped up to 280psi (says 280-300psi) and it's back better than before.