Cyclist shot and killed in Knoppieslaagte

KarlT

I am part of our local sector crime forum in Midrand and information has just filtered through to us that a cyclist was shot and killed this morning at around 8AM during an armed robbery, north east of Copperleaf Estate, in Knoppieslaagte.

Link to Location

The only information we have at the moment is that he had an orange bicycle that was stolen.

Condolences to his family and friends.  Please be safe out there.

Edited by KarlT

3 minutes ago, KarlT said:

I am part of our local sector crime forum in Midrand and information has just filtered through to us that a cyclist was shot and killed this morning at around 8AM during an armed robbery, north east of Copperleaf Estate, in Knoppieslaagte.

Link to Location

The only information we have at the moment is that he had an orange bicycle that was stolen.

Condolences to his family and friends.  Please be save out there.

May his soul rest in peace, condolences to his loved ones, such an unnecessary loss

10 minutes ago, KarlT said:

Link to Location

Condolences to his family and friends.  Please be save out there.

This is so crazy, take someones life for a bike .... ????

28 minutes ago, Thomo said:

The difference between SA and the recent  Richmond Park incidents.  ????

Nail. Hammer. The fact that is selectively overlooked when comparing crime in SA to 1st world countries.

23 minutes ago, keithbe said:

Nail. Hammer. The fact that is selectively overlooked when comparing crime in SA to 1st world countries.

When I posted the Richmond thing someone said we don’t have a monopoly on crime. Someone then shot and killed a man. Heartbreaking 

12 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

When I posted the Richmond thing someone said we don’t have a monopoly on crime. Someone then shot and killed a man. Heartbreaking 

Terrible to be killed for something as simple as a bike...
A bike that would be sold for just a few Rands...
Life is too cheap and the consequences too lenient even if they are caught...

What a  country...

Edited by Mojoman

This part of Centurion is defiantly  a no go area anything west of R55 even behind Mall@reds. Yes nice rural tracks that meander through or close to 3 major informal settlements. You don't jog, ride horse, off road bike/ quad or cycle this area it will only be a matter of time. 

Very sad indeed.

Devils are amongst us when we ride.

They have no conscious. So you cannot get rid of the violence in South Africa.

(Your conscious is your awareness of yourself and the world around you. In the most general terms, it means being awake and aware. ... Your consciousness refers to your conscious experiences, your individual awareness of your own internal thoughts, feelings, memories, and sensations)

MY respect and love to the family.