Wolftooth Tanpan local availability

Wannabe

Is this item available locally, or must I go the import route?

I want to upgrade my homebuild 10sp Gravel Grinder with the addition of a 10sp rear clutch derailer. I believe this little item solves the issue of the different ratios between the road shifter and mtb derailer.

Enquired locally with no reply from any supplier , not even from the local distributors. Got mine from bikecomponents.de as i had tyres on its way but you can get from Wolftooth direct in the States as well. Both option will be cheaper than local. They are even available on Amazon.

Definitely worth getting for your intended  use as they work brilliant.

1 hour ago, droo said:

In stock with the agents, can have one by tomorrow if you like.

Price on it please.

11 hours ago, Wannabe said:

Is this item available locally, or must I go the import route?

I want to upgrade my homebuild 10sp Gravel Grinder with the addition of a 10sp rear clutch derailer. I believe this little item solves the issue of the different ratios between the road shifter and mtb derailer.

Got mine from Evobikes a few years ago but only got it installed about a year ago. A bit tricky to install but you should be able to figure it out, welcome tp check mine out too.

agree, the instructions arent the greatest...considering they are a 'Murican company. Took me 2 or 3 looks to do the one on my wifes gravel build (11spd  XT paired with 105 shifters)

Edited by MORNE

12 hours ago, milky4130 said:

Got mine from Evobikes a few years ago but only got it installed about a year ago. A bit tricky to install but you should be able to figure it out, welcome tp check mine out too.

Tx M, will do so as soon as I can get one in my grubby hands.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had success with fitting a Tanpan with 10 spd 105 shifters coupled to a 10 spd XT (RD-M786) ?

This is the combination I am aiming for (not for any other reason than necessity, as it is what I have to work with)

Any special tricks in setting this up to work, and does it work flawlessly, or just good enough?

57 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

Anyone had success with fitting a Tanpan with 10 spd 105 shifters coupled to a 10 spd XT (RD-M786) ?

This is the combination I am aiming for (not for any other reason than necessity, as it is what I have to work with)

Any special tricks in setting this up to work, and does it work flawlessly, or just good enough?

The trick with 10 speed road shifters is to get a 9 speed XT or XTR RD. The pull ratios are the same and you don't need any additional hardware to get it to work flawlessly.

3 minutes ago, King_Crispy said:

The trick with 10 speed road shifters is to get a 9 speed XT or XTR RD. The pull ratios are the same and you don't need any additional hardware to get it to work flawlessly.

I do have a 9spd Altus derailer fitted, but the chain slap on it is horrible on anything but smooth tar. It does work smoothly though. Want a derailer with a clutch, or at least a stiffer "parallelogram spring" to eliminate the chain slap.

Could not find a decent XT/XTR rd when I at first did the build a year or so back, so I had to settle on a new Altus at a pricepoint I was happy with.

3 hours ago, Wannabe said:

my tanpan setup is on my wife's gravel bike ...XT m8000 11 spd with shimano 105  11 spd 'brifters'.

cant comment on anything else. Are they even meant for anything else? not sure.

yes it works flawlessly...or as close to factory as you would imagine. 

Edited by MORNE

13 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

Is this piece kit available in SA. Last time I checked it wasn't. 

The Tanpan?

Yes it is, just at a premium for such a small item.