Boland 100 Miler

bleedToWin

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

Hopefully it will be a civilised race. with coffee stops and a bit of wine tasting till the final climb

Looks like the water points will be well supplied.

17 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

What is the expected/usual vibe in $ for a race of this length? I am new here

We're doing age cat at this one, but I suspect for the pointy end of things there will be no stopping and 100km of arguing about working in the front... ????‍♂️

Just now, bleedToWin said:

We're doing age cat at this one, but I suspect for the pointy end of things there will be no stopping and 100km of arguing about working in the front... ????‍♂️

Sounds fun, looking forward to it. I am planning on not doing the time on the front as that cost a lot of energy on Saturday... 

14 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

30-39 or 40-49?

10 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Sounds fun, looking forward to it. I am planning on not doing the time on the front as that cost a lot of energy on Saturday... 

You ride for UCT?

4 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

yes sir, that silly boi on the Canyon

I think you kept my teammate on a tether when he went solo on the Fisantekraal road. Wish you would've rather joined him in a break. :lol:

59 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Just attack up Hells Hoogte!

1 hour ago, Sid the Sloth said:

What is the expected/usual vibe in $ for a race of this length? I am new here

I can tell you how I think it's going to go, then you know it's probably going to be the exact oposite. If I were you, looking at the profile, I'd hide the whole race and attack on du toitskloof. Depending on who attacks up the taal monument climb you may want to go with as a breakaway there might not be caught before du toitskloof. I don't believe anything is going to happen before taal monument, but experience proved i'm ALWAYS wrong when it comes to this ????

So wrong that I'm talking about climbs that aren't even on the route anymore. Is there anything more accurate than this shitty map ?

spacer.png

What is that 2ond last climb ? 

spacer.png

Edited by Jbr