Boland 100 Miler

bleedToWin

6 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Let's be honest, what are the chances that there will be a break which won't contain RDX and MadMAas guys. 

?? low I guess... that's why I'm saying this as a very likely scenario ?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to consider how the age categories play into all this. Assuming they follow UCI rules, as it's a UCI sanctioned event, then some teams will be forced to split their riders into different start groups.

25 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Have to consider how the age categories play into all this. Assuming they follow UCI rules, as it's a UCI sanctioned event, then some teams will be forced to split their riders into different start groups.

I saw on the Facebook post that the Commissaire will allow 40-49 to ride with 30-39's at least that is the way I understood the question and answer.

22 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

I saw on the Facebook post that the Commissaire will allow 40-49 to ride with 30-39's at least that is the way I understood the question and answer.

Hmm. So maybe even allowed to race Elite with an age group license...

yeah but I imagine you wont qualify for the category win if you drop down or up size your group i.e. the winner of the SV Cat cannot come from the Elites bunch and same applied for others of course.

Normally you cannot start with VA if you are elite, but you can go the other way. If you are VB and start with VA I assume you can win that cat.

5 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Let's be honest, what are the chances that there will be a break which won't contain RDX and MadMAas guys. I mean when last did Theuns do a race that he never actually stood on the podium for(3rd on Sat and 1st on SUnday), and Trotsky seems to be in good form, 2nd on Saturday and 3rd on Sunday in Oudtshoorn. MadMacs are always well represented too but we cannot forget Alan Hatherly aswell as I assume he will still be in CT as he was supposed to be riding Epic.

Problem is the race organizers are still one of those that believe that Vets can't race with the elites. The Cycle Tour had 4 Vets in the top 5. 

We will start in the bunch behind the elites. 

23 minutes ago, Thornman said:

Problem is the race organizers are still one of those that believe that Vets can't race with the elites. The Cycle Tour had 4 Vets in the top 5. 

We will start in the bunch behind the elites. 

I know for certain that one of the 40-49 vets I ride with is with me in $

4 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I know for certain that one of the 40-49 vets I ride with is with me in $

He probably have an elite liscense?

Just now, Thornman said:

He probably have an elite liscense?

Nope. He was excluded from $ in CTCT because he did not have one and raced 40-49 at SA Champs too. 

I bought an Elite licence just to be able to race CTCT in $ ???? But entered 100 miler before that, anyways, happy to be in the 30-39 for this one, either way it will be a good day out regardless of the starting group looking forward to it !

Your problem is racetec can’t distinguish between if you a elite or age group license and just throws everyone together in results.

Had this problem in last race run by these organisers.All results just thrown together so you don’t really know where you have come in your age group.