Boland 100 Miler

bleedToWin

16 minutes ago, stringbean said:

Your problem is racetec can’t distinguish between if you a elite or age group license and just throws everyone together in results.

Had this problem in last race run by these organisers.All results just thrown together so you don’t really know where you have come in your age group.

Then you probably haven't been looking properly, firstly you can select a specific age/gender/start group when you query the results

image.png.bdd08876bddc2ad58876af0ab6550e11.png

And if you don't you get the overall classification BUT you have you position by gender, start group, age group

image.png.48b2782dbfd11aae6b1078778a864fee.png

Where they screw it up is for team events, you can't really find a team classification and everyone is thrown in the same classification (like for the DC or the Val de vie expedition), so you kind  of have to manually count how many teams are ahead of yours..

Edited by Jbr

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Thornman said:

He probably have an elite liscense?

The problem is that on entry you can willy nilly choose to identify as elite, Vet or Open seeded. It relies on people's honesty to select the category that they have a valid CSA license for, if by some miracle the CSA commisionaire stops revving the legs off his car and actually checks licenses it could be an awkward morning. But there is more chance of me getting a sub 4 suikerbosie than that happening.

Problem JBR is racetec dumps everyone into their age groups,even if you on a elite racing license.As per your example Jaco Venter is in 30-39.

Makes it a nightmare for those racing in age group categories.

41 minutes ago, Jbr said:

by sunday there will be no Dutoitskloof pass and it's going to be 4 loops of the paarderberg circuit ????

And no doubt it will be sold to us as an improvement due to popular demand! ????

I don’t believe it is racetec job to sort this out but the organisers should do.As I’ve said in another forum Val de Vie results,run by same organisers was a disaster.Everyone thrown together including teams,age groups and ebikes making getting a true result a absolute nightmare.

12 hours ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Nope. He was excluded from $ in CTCT because he did not have one and raced 40-49 at SA Champs too. 

Talking about Tom?

18 hours ago, Jbr said:

?? low I guess... that's why I'm saying this as a very likely scenario ?

Yeah sorry champ I read incorrectly initially.

4 hours ago, Jbr said:

by sunday there will be no Dutoitskloof pass and it's going to be 4 loops of the paarderberg circuit ????

Then I will rather do two laps of the peninsula and sleep in for an extra hour. What's the route amendment?

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Then I will rather do two laps of the peninsula and sleep in for an extra hour. What's the route amendment?

no old helshoogte but the new one instead from what I understood

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

no old helshoogte but the new one instead from what I understood

oh ok well that makes sense. I wasn't sure why they would include that decrepit old road. 

So it's Hels followed by the longish drag to the Prison, turn right and windy windy uphill till we hit the Du Toits where the fun begins

Edited by DieselnDust

6 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

oh ok well that makes sense. I wasn't sure why they would include that decrepit old road. 

So it's Hels followed by the longish drag to the Prison, turn right and windy windy uphill till we hit the Du Toits where the fun begins

Windy like the thing that causes echelons or windy like Chappies is a winding road (or is that windey)?

Edited by Sid the Sloth

26 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Windy like the thing that causes echelons or windy like Chappies is a winding road (or is that windey)?

well he did say windy windy, so it could be both