Just now, NickGM said:

Then we shall have to ride at 40kph.

Please make sure there's enough space in your jersey pockets for my tow rope

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be bloody cold for the first 2.5 hours, so take that into account for your "in the chute" and first 90min of hydration. You may not need to stop to fill up, but might need to stop to empty out...

Just found out I have 3 or 4 of my group riding so I'll have wheels to suck and they're all thirsty too so --- sorted. A nice mamil mooch coming up - no more of this rupturing some or other internal organ in vain hope to hold wheels

59 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Just found out I have 3 or 4 of my group riding so I'll have wheels to suck and they're all thirsty too so --- sorted. A nice mamil mooch coming up - no more of this rupturing some or other internal organ in vain hope to hold wheels

What starting group are you in. I'm coming in solo from Pretoria, so would be nice if I can hook up with somebody. I will definitely stop somewhere for a re fuel.

I'm also not a racing snake, well its more a matter of my current state of fitness does not allow me to be a racing snake this weekend! Just realized that last weekend here in flat Pretoria ????

5 hours ago, Cabous9 said:

What starting group are you in. I'm coming in solo from Pretoria, so would be nice if I can hook up with somebody. I will definitely stop somewhere for a re fuel.

I'm also not a racing snake, well its more a matter of my current state of fitness does not allow me to be a racing snake this weekend! Just realized that last weekend here in flat Pretoria ????

Al starting 06.55. Pink top with a goat on the back

8 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

VB anyone?

????????‍♂️ I'm going to need you to pull for the first 100kms ????

48 minutes ago, Jacques Joubert WC said:

Does anyone know where one can gee a gpx file of the route?

They've changed the route no less than 100 times, I doubt there will be a complete file available at this short notice unless someone has ridden this exact route before.

Arrived at what google told me was laborie center bike garage to collect number and ..... closed. Fortunately someone who had wynand's number was there and established that this was their service shop and registration was half a click back down the main road. No biggie in the end but just part of the overall sense of things being a bit helter skelter.

Bike garage full of people not wearing masks which puts me in the usual approach/avoid conflict I experience in these situations but was helped by a friendly woman who assisted energetically. 

Still looking forward to a nice slow endurance ride.