Boland 100 Miler

bleedToWin

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Awesome day on the bike. Still in shock that we made the break work from about 15km into the race in elite... Lol. 

Well done on your second place. Must have been that effort on Thursday paying off!!

Just now, Pure Savage said:

Well done on your second place. Must have been that effort on Thursday paying off!!

Yes I have been practicing my KOM hunting so much that I even spotted there was a KOM available on Helshoogte that no one else noticed!

16 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Only because a certain group made it so....#semanet

Was about to say the same ????.

Well done guys, you worked hard at the front of AL. 

Great event, something of everything. The best 100miler route Ive done...my 2c. Hope it stays on the calendar!

My garmin told me after 1km “right shifter critical”, two shifts later it was dead…

Thanks for the warning hey ! Not the first time but the previous time I was close to home and there wasn’t guys attacking at the top of every rollers ????

Anyways 50km of changing the settings in my left shifter from up to down using the app on my phone, it was fun (not at all) ! Once I got dropped after the 3rd or 4th attack sometimes spining out to up to 181rpm (lol) I stopped to swap the battery with the one in my power meter, hoping I could join one of the next group and still have a lekker day out… but it didn’t seem to work, so I cruised home and missed out on the proper roads/hills/pass of the route.

Only realised back at home that I had to reset the right shifter to up shifting as the setting somehow was lost in the process (seems you can only have one shifter that does one action and it doesn't automatically sets the opposite action to the other shifter, it just makes it do nothing). That plus the fact that the second button on each shifter can’t be used as a fall back up/down action in case you only have one shifter working, plus the fact that it doesn’t warn you when the battery runs low and finally the fact that it’s so tricky to get to the battery compartment made me use a lot of french words you wouldn’t want to teach your kids on my way back ????????

Edited by Jbr

6 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Mechanical is underrated

When mechanical fails it doesn’t warn you either and you can’t use your phone to make it work again, only to call your wife to come pick you up ????

13 hours ago, Jbr said:

When mechanical fails it doesn’t warn you either and you can’t use your phone to make it work again, only to call your wife to come pick you up ????

You still supported well until you dropped. Was sorry to see you go off the back.
Guys must have been very confused with you doing pulls and closing down gaps only to take your phone out the next moment to update your IG. :lol:

14 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

Someone had to... :D

See results are up on Racetec 

You guys were absolutely flying. ????

2 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

You still supported well until you dropped. Was sorry to see you go off the back.
Guys must have been very confused with you doing pulls and closing down gaps only to take your phone out the next moment to update your IG. :lol:

When I tried chasing after you and Theuns VdB opened a gap, the entire time I was hammering it with my phone in hand and two or three guys in my wheel. It was a bit windy and up and down the whole time, impossible to find the right gear and build momentum. Anyways, I was pissed because it was probably with CTCT the race I was looking forward the most, tried to keep my weight down over the last few weeks for that day, and I knew it was probably going to be for nothing after maybe 3 mins of racing, I still thought "if I make it to helshoogte then maybe it's possible".

There will be other races. Proud you made the podium in a very difficult race, we started with a tiny group that was made even smaller not even halfway into the race. Power bud

18 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

That was a fun day out. Great bit of DC training. Glad there is no 15km pass at DC. AL group was brisk!!

Ja you Savages - I should have clocked that it was you lot smashing us in the first 10km of 1A and let you all go. I paid for that speedy start on hels and by the time du toits came I was like a tortoise with two broken feet.

2 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Ja you Savages - I should have clocked that it was you lot smashing us in the first 10km of 1A and let you all go. I paid for that speedy start on hels and by the time du toits came I was like a tortoise with two broken feet.

Dont worry, I also paid for it up Du Toits! 

I want to know though, the people that sit 3rd wheel in a paceline, then dive away when its your time at the front, your Sworks SL7 likes the front dont be shy..

Same person must have been a pro, as going down Hells to Boschendal had his wife pull into the chasing bunch to deliver a bottle and a GU. Which was very hard as he was sitting 3rd wheel keeping out of the wind...

To those that rolled through, you okes were lekker, pink top MTB goats, then a black top with a red cog on it. 

Mr Merida with a camel back, love the enthusiam but the surging off the front was tiring. :)

My favourite though was when there was a split before Stellenbosch turn we just sat on the front and were coming back rotating nicely. Mr NASA decides he is going to cannonball off the front and bridge over to the break and not help pull the paceline he has been sitting in for 10 minutes. Then got nowhere, sat at back and then did it again.

Strangest moment, when I had a nature break at the bottom of du toits, I ran behind a tree and a lady from the medium route slowed and asked if I needed help... Was not really sure how to respond..