Boland 100 Miler

bleedToWin

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Same person must have been a pro, as going down Hells to Boschendal had his wife pull into the chasing bunch to deliver a bottle and a GU. Which was very hard as he was sitting 3rd wheel keeping out of the wind...

What a loser.
Everyone knows wives are soigneurs, not DS'es.
Bottle should have been handed over from the side of the road at the top of the climb.

19 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Ja you Savages - I should have clocked that it was you lot smashing us in the first 10km of 1A and let you all go. I paid for that speedy start on hels and by the time du toits came I was like a tortoise with two broken feet.

I have not been that broken for a long time,

Lesson for next time would be to take it ‘rustig’ up Hell’s hoogte, …. And not race myself to death in the bit between Hell’s and Du Toits. It was by far the most hellish final 15km I’ve done in any recent race ….

I was on the cusp of cramping all the way up to the top, had to keep the cadence 'just-right' in order not to create any extra effort that would result in cramping-up ????

9 minutes ago, Jbr said:

What do you guys do to get your wifes to sit next to the road on race day ? All my wife gives me on race day is *** from the second I walk into the house before I even get a chance to empty my pockets ????

Yeah, thats impressive, I saw the one wife 4 times! I get messages like, its 2pm, you may as well play golf..

3 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Dont worry, I also paid for it up Du Toits! 

I want to know though, the people that sit 3rd wheel in a paceline, then dive away when its your time at the front, your Sworks SL7 likes the front dont be shy..

Same person must have been a pro, as going down Hells to Boschendal had his wife pull into the chasing bunch to deliver a bottle and a GU. Which was very hard as he was sitting 3rd wheel keeping out of the wind...

To those that rolled through, you okes were lekker, pink top MTB goats, then a black top with a red cog on it. 

Mr Merida with a camel back, love the enthusiam but the surging off the front was tiring. :)

My favourite though was when there was a split before Stellenbosch turn we just sat on the front and were coming back rotating nicely. Mr NASA decides he is going to cannonball off the front and bridge over to the break and not help pull the paceline he has been sitting in for 10 minutes. Then got nowhere, sat at back and then did it again.

Strangest moment, when I had a nature break at the bottom of du toits, I ran behind a tree and a lady from the medium route slowed and asked if I needed help... Was not really sure how to respond..

ya ya ya, next time get your own race you savages. VB was having a lekker time with accels off the front every 3min, I swear someone (Milky and Reacto) was doing 1min ON 3Min off intervals. Then you okes came along, the 1:3 's were swapped for FTP testing

NASA went to the front? ???? yoh, wish I was there to see that but I needed a comfort break and took it at the 70km waterpoint. Never saw the group again.

After my nature break I rode soul alone till Boschendal when a group using the race as DC group training (target <5hr) gave me a much needed pull. Well, pull is relative since we were still going 40km/hr into a headwind. I eventually dropped of that group at the Engen garage turn off when I felt a slight cramp building and took the time to ride it off. We had picked up Mr. Cog but he had dropped off past the prison with a dropped chain. Lots of dropped chains in races these days....Whats up with that??

Du Toits was a lesson in pain management but after the year I've had, I'm happy to have been able to have a bit of fun with the main manne what count. Starting to feel excited about any coming races especially DC

14 minutes ago, Jbr said:

What do you guys do to get your wifes to sit next to the road on race day ? All my wife gives me on race day is *** from the second I walk into the house before I even get a chance to empty my pockets ????

I don't ask her to come and spectate. The big challenge is getting her out of bed at 4:30 am to drive an hour and then sit around.....naaadevark is that going to happen.

However, for DC its easy because its a weekend away and she can sleep in till 8am have breakfast and then drive th e20min to Ashton to set up the feed station for the team. If it was a stage race she'd have to fetch me so may as well come and spectate

5 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

ya ya ya, next time get your own race you savages. VB was having a lekker time with accels off the front every 3min, I swear someone (Milky and Reacto) was doing 1min ON 3Min off intervals. Then you okes came along, the 1:3 's were swapped for FTP testing

NASA went to the front? ???? yoh, wish I was there to see that but I needed a comfort break and took it at the 70km waterpoint. Never saw the group again.

After my nature break I rode soul alone till Boschendal when a group using the race as DC group training (target <5hr) gave me a much needed pull. Well, pull is relative since we were still going 40km/hr into a headwind. I eventually dropped of that group at the Engen garage turn off when I felt a slight cramp building and took the time to ride it off. We had picked up Mr. Cog but he had dropped off past the prison with a dropped chain. Lots of dropped chains in races these days....Whats up with that??

Du Toits was a lesson in pain management but after the year I've had, I'm happy to have been able to have a bit of fun with the main manne what count. Starting to feel excited about any coming races especially DC

I paid dearly for all those efforts in the 1st half, hindsight is such a bitch. 

32 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

I want to know though, the people that sit 3rd wheel in a paceline, then dive away when its your time at the front, your Sworks SL7 likes the front dont be shy..

To those that rolled through, you okes were lekker, pink top MTB goats, then a black top with a red cog on it. 

Mr Merida with a camel back, love the enthusiam but the surging off the front was tiring. :)

My favourite though was when there was a split before Stellenbosch turn we just sat on the front and were coming back rotating nicely. Mr NASA decides he is going to cannonball off the front and bridge over to the break and not help pull the paceline he has been sitting in for 10 minutes. Then got nowhere, sat at back and then did it again.

Strangest moment, when I had a nature break at the bottom of du toits, I ran behind a tree and a lady from the medium route slowed and asked if I needed help... Was not really sure how to respond..

The first thing that pops into your mind ...LOL

"Thanks for the offer but I've been handling this since foreVer"

11 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

We did get our own race, we started in the Aluminum group! 

My right shifter came off my bars at 32km so had to ride from there in the drops, my back was not over joyed by this by the end of the day.

I was very happy that the organizer got the KM boards to the finish spot on!

2 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

We did get our own race, we started in the Aluminum group! 

My right shifter came off my bars at 32km so had to ride from there in the drops, my back was not over joyed by this by the end of the day.

I was very happy that the organizer got the KM boards to the finish spot on!

Well at least in addition to the slammed stem, you got extra points for being aero for the longest part of the day, win - win situation.

1 minute ago, milky4130 said:

Well at least in addition to the slammed stem, you got extra points for being aero for the longest part of the day, win - win situation.

I need to write to specialized marketing department as my aeroness helped F-all up Du Toits, they claim at least 65W is to be gained from being aero.

The key is to start a wives club.
We had two wives and a kid sleeping in (4:30am alarms are a no-go), then driving to the top of Hels for a picnic and bottle support. They then drove to top of Du Toits and were willing to do so because pizza at wine farm was promised for afterwards. ???? 

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

There will be other races. Proud you made the podium in a very difficult race, we started with a tiny group that was made even smaller not even halfway into the race. Power bud

This comment almost sneaked through the radar.... Well done @bleedToWin

54 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

That's Andrew my team mate - he's a proper beast on a bike. He's pushed me up a couple of mountain passes before.