Boland 100 Miler

bleedToWin

16 minutes ago, Mamil said:

That's Andrew my team mate - he's a proper beast on a bike. He's pushed me up a couple of mountain passes before.

NASA or Mr Merida?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, DieselnDust said:

or Mr. SL7

????

He said push up mountain passes, one cannot push you up a mountain pass if the person is sitting second wheel.

4 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

????

He said push up mountain passes, one cannot push you up a mountain pass if the person is sitting second wheel.

one cannot push from the front....#semanet

This is referred to as pulling The way I read it SL7 is perfectly positioned to push????

Edited by DieselnDust

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

one cannot push from the front....#semanet

This is referred to as pulling The way I read it SL7 is perfectly positioned to push????

Needs very long arms :P 

12 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

NASA or Mr Merida?

You mentioned that jersey in your post. Incidentally I remembered this so when I saw a guy with this jersey I almost rode up and asked "Are you mamil?". Given that it was almost certainly not, this would have been a pretty weird question.

20 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

In that group, asking anyone if you're a Middle Aged Man In Lycra could have resulted in a snot klap ????

Did anyone notice the VC rider that started in VB?

Yes, Northcliff Black kit on, climbed very well on Helshoogte, I think he just reacted too late when the attack came. It was asked on the Bolad 100 miler Facebook group if riders of an older age group could drop down i.e. 40-49 to start with the 30-39 or 50-59 age start with the 40-49's and the organizer said it was all good after confirming with the commissaire that it was possible, which explains why there were so many in the $ elites group too.

57 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

NASA or Mr Merida?

No the pink top MTB goat is my team mate.

@NickGM- ha ha  - he's middle aged for sure but he's also hearing impaired and read lips so he may simply not have answered you if you were behind him!!

43 minutes ago, NickGM said:

You mentioned that jersey in your post. Incidentally I remembered this so when I saw a guy with this jersey I almost rode up and asked "Are you mamil?". Given that it was almost certainly not, this would have been a pretty weird question.

30 minutes ago, Mamil said:

@NickGM- ha ha  - he's middle aged for sure but he's also hearing impaired and read lips so he may simply not have answered you if you were behind him!!

Oh, he was great! 

54 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Yes, Northcliff Black kit on, climbed very well on Helshoogte, I think he just reacted too late when the attack came. It was asked on the Bolad 100 miler Facebook group if riders of an older age group could drop down i.e. 40-49 to start with the 30-39 or 50-59 age start with the 40-49's and the organizer said it was all good after confirming with the commissaire that it was possible, which explains why there were so many in the $ elites group too.

ah I missed that. It was thus a bit strange when the Commissaire vehicle came up behind the group and asked the VA riders to the back of the VB group

49 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Is this the guy on the Pink and Grey steel custom frame? Stumper or Stinner? something like that. I passed him standing on the side of the Klapmuts Simondium Road

47 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Is this the guy on the Pink and Grey steel custom frame? Stumper or Stinner? something like that. I passed him standing on the side of the Klapmuts Simondium Road

nah - his steed is jet black - not even sure what it is. 

11 hours ago, milky4130 said:

Well at least in addition to the slammed stem, you got extra points for being aero for the longest part of the day, win - win situation.

Reminded me of Greg LeMond - incredibly aerodynamic. Don’t know how your back handles this position for over 4 hours. Back is flat on the drops, hoods & on top of bars when climbing. #respect 

6 hours ago, MVDP fan said:

Reminded me of Greg LeMond - incredibly aerodynamic. Don’t know how your back handles this position for over 4 hours. Back is flat on the drops, hoods & on top of bars when climbing. #respect 

Spoiler alert: It doesn’t