"is it still available"

CARANXCycleMobile

Who else is getting this question asked a lot while your advert/s are up ?

The better response would be yes...then on your response the Hubber dissapears and deletes all existance of any sort and you never hear from them.....

Do you guys get this and whats the better way of dealing with such? Manners always comes first,so to ignore and not answer isnt polite as you'd never know

the day a "real buyer"asks and potentially loose out on a sale.

1 ad, 5 days, 5 "is it still available"

I've responded to all, with my number... then nothing

23 minutes ago, CARANXCycleMobile said:

Who else is getting this question asked a lot while your advert/s are up ?

The better response would be yes...then on your response the Hubber dissapears and deletes all existance of any sort and you never hear from them.....

Do you guys get this and whats the better way of dealing with such? Manners always comes first,so to ignore and not answer isnt polite as you'd never know

the day a "real buyer"asks and potentially loose out on a sale.

I agree about manners. So I just write "If you are reading this, then it is still available." This allows me to ignore the question in good conscience. A serious buyer will try again and/or read the ad carefully.

7 minutes ago, NickGM said:

I agree about manners. So I just write "If you are reading this, then it is still available." This allows me to ignore the question in good conscience. A serious buyer will try again and/or read the ad carefully.

This is probably the best way to handle it.  However, it is possible that a item is sold and the seller was simply slow or lazy to mark it as sold.  Hence its important to hit that sold button as soon as its "sold".

8 minutes ago, TheoG said:

This is probably the best way to handle it.  However, it is possible that a item is sold and the seller was simply slow or lazy to mark it as sold.  Hence its important to hit that sold button as soon as its "sold".

For sure. But if I keep getting the same message after leaving the ad up erroneously, then I can only get annoyed with myself.

There is also the opposite scenario, where sellers post an advert and then don't respond.
No number is attached to this particular seller, so it's messenger only. I see that they have been online several times since I sent my message.

I always try to answer all questions when selling something on Bikehub. Common courtesy I reckon. I would also never insult someone for asking a question I think is stupid. No harm in being polite. So if asked if something is still available I just say "yes, it's still available", "Sorry someone else just bought the item", "Someone else has made an offer, but you have 2nd option", etc. I leave adds up until the buyer has made payment. I have sold a decent number of items on Bikhub and I must say that potential buyers have mostly been great to deal with. I can't think of a single bad experience I've had so far, a bit of faffing from time to time, but nothing serious. I know that not everyone have been this lucky though.

When selling (e.g. a used cellphone) on Facebook Marketplace though...that's a different story. I've legitimately received hundreds of messages in the first few minutes of an ad being up. You simply cant reply to them all. Most of these messages are of the classic "is this still available genre. If this happens, I just go down the list from the top as low ball offers get denied or people don't reply to my responses.

When buying on Bikehub, I don't mind too much if someone doesn't reply. I mean it's not ideal, but I think its safe to assume if the seller isn't replying, the item has been sold or there are other offers in the pipeline already. 

In noobs and long time Hubbers defense, look at page 1  SOLD by Hubbers name

not for sale SOLD BY

COULD MEAN FOR SALE OR ALREADY SOLD

I bought a bike a few month ago as I was watching it I sent it to a mate, and he laughed he said “too late it’s sold”

when the ad refreshed by the seller and I bought it, I nearly lost it because I thought it was sold and so did my mate

just a thought

I don't understand the annoyance. If you post something for sale on a site that has thousands of users daily, you are bound to get that?

The speed and ease at which I sell things on bikehub astounds me. 

My longest active advert in the last 15 months has been up for 12 days. That is 32 adverts marked as sold and there was more sold via forums.

I am more than willing to accept the good with he bad because I accept that most people are idiots.

15 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I don't understand the annoyance. If you post something for sale on a site that has thousands of users daily, you are bound to get that?

The speed and ease at which I sell things on bikehub astounds me. 

My longest active advert in the last 15 months has been up for 12 days. That is 32 adverts marked as sold and there was more sold via forums.

I am more than willing to accept the good with he bad because I accept that most people are idiots.

Agree, too many idiots ....  :).  We need a cataclysmic event to reduce the number of idiots ????.

I also think its a trivial thing to be moan about. But I've been annoyed by things far less petty so no judgement here. As a buyer I 'try' to avoid asking it. But if an ad has been up for 11 weeks availability is often my go to request.  Most times I tend to paraphrase the availability small talk with an offer or enquire about viewing arrangements instead. It serves the same purpose. Remember that not everyone is courteous enough to remove ads when its sold. And some of those who enquire about availability may genuinely be interested. So the next time they ask you. Take a deep breath, assume the lotus position, and for the umpteenth time reply kindly. 'Yes for ****s sake yes its still available'