Any recommendations for carbon repairers and resprayers?

Bub Marley

Hi guys. 

Anyone have recommendations for some carbon repairers/resprayers in Cape Town?

I would like to have some work done on my bike. 

cheers 

CBR Durbanville.  VERY happy with the work they did for us.

Bogus is gifted painter - 

Not sure of his waiting list at the moment .... but he was too busy to assist us.

There is another gent in Cape Town with a good reputation.  Sure other Hubbers will shortly post his details.  (Sorry, dont recall his name now)

Edited by ChrisF

Carbon repair, CBR yes.

Respray Jared at BMC or Bogus.

Had my bike resprayed at CBR after I needed to color match a new rear triangle after an insurance claim. Paintwork looked good, durability on the other hand, not so good. Paint is flaking off in certain areas, top coat pulled off on my downtube when I replaced my frame protection.

Bogus also did carbon repairs. Can maybe drop him a dm for a quote @BogusOne

35 minutes ago, CdT85 said:

Carbon repair, CBR yes.

Respray Jared at BMC or Bogus.

Had my bike resprayed at CBR after I needed to color match a new rear triangle after an insurance claim. Paintwork looked good, durability on the other hand, not so good. Paint is flaking off in certain areas, top coat pulled off on my downtube when I replaced my frame protection.

Was going to recommend CBR based on my own experience 4 years ago but the experience you had may require some homework. Hopefully you had your frame resprayed at no additional cost once you returned it to CBR.

19 minutes ago, TCTG said:

Was going to recommend CBR based on my own experience 4 years ago but the experience you had may require some homework. Hopefully you had your frame resprayed at no additional cost once you returned it to CBR.

Never returned it, back injury, covid restrictions, broken hand. Even though the bike basically stood still for over a year , too much time went past to return it.

Bike still looks ok for the most part, Will just respray it again at someone else when I have the cash again.

Just to clarify, Never had issues with CBR, used them a few times, will still use them for carbon repair. Spray work will just go elsewherein future

On 10/20/2021 at 12:35 PM, CdT85 said:

Bogus did 2 beautiful carbon resprays for me. He also does carbon work. You can check his work on Instagram.  

6 hours ago, SiriS said:

Bogus did 2 beautiful carbon resprays for me. He also does carbon work. You can check his work on Instagram.  

Bogus did some great work for me in the past as well.

Plan to use him to respray my rig eventually

• 4 months later...

Any recommendations for painters in Gauteng? Orange is cool and all but black with a gold flake and pin stripe will be so much cooler. 

What kind of costs am I looking at? Ballpark.