What Mtb to buy

David Moloko

Hi all, 

I am interested in a mtb have been trying to do some research and felt that I should ask experts on helping to choose my bike.

My budget is R12k -R13k and my size is medium. Silverback stride deluxe caught my attention but I can't find one most places there's no stock available. Second hand bikes I'm sceptical because of the unknown on the bike.

Can I get advice on which bike or brand will be best to consider with the aforesaid budget. THANKS

Where are you based? 

And a 12k to 13k budet is around a 10k bike plus accessories and gear... #justsayin

here's some idea's - https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/c/mountain-bikes?minimum_price=8000&maximum_price=13000&meta_size[is_multi_select]=true&meta_size[value]=M&meta_wheel_size[is_multi_select]=true&meta_wheel_size[value]=29"

There's lots of valuable info on this topic on the hub, search around and you'll find some great info. Dont be scared of a 2nd hand deal either - you'll be ok to post your research here and the guru's can give you good pointers to a decent deal

Edited by 117
added info

1 hour ago, 117 said:

Where are you based? 

And a 12k to 13k budet is around a 10k bike plus accessories and gear... #justsayin

here's some idea's - https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/c/mountain-bikes?minimum_price=8000&maximum_price=13000&meta_size[is_multi_select]=true&meta_size[value]=M&meta_wheel_size[is_multi_select]=true&meta_wheel_size[value]=29"

There's lots of valuable info on this topic on the hub, search around and you'll find some great info. Dont be scared of a 2nd hand deal either - you'll be ok to post your research here and the guru's can give you good pointers to a decent deal

Some decent value choices there. 

I'm in Volksrust Mpumalanga. I will have a look I forgot to mention that preferable 1×12 air shock, 0r 1x11. But thanks for the info I will check