BLOUBERGSTRAND - 24 - 29 October

abraham kamffer

Hi all, I'm in Bloubergstrand next week. Any good MTB riding routes and trails you can start from Blouberg area?

I'm looking to do about 80km with some climbing if possible, on Sunday (24 Oct 2021)

Are there any MTB groups riding during the week? 1h30ish rides early mornings.

Unfortunately the only safe option that comes to my mind is to cycle to town and then ride table mountain/glen/lion’s head.

If you are willing to drive just a little bit you can ride in the tygerberg network but being non member you won’t be allowed to connect the farms so it’s a little bit limited in terms of options… You can ride to the trails but avoid sandown/malinbongwe and contermanskloof road (pretty much the access to most of the best trails of the network has to offer.

As a non member I think hoogekraal is a good option since they have quite a bit of distance available if you do all of the trails (but nowhere near 80km, probably more like 35 give or take). Then contermanskloof I’m not too sure how far you are allowed to go without a board doubt you are allowed to go over to bloemendaaler as there is a gate to come back to conties through hillcrest ????

Edited by Jbr

As Jbr suggested cycle into town go up to the Blockhouse or around Lions Head and back should give you +-80km's.

Alternatively the Tygerberg MTB trails which are not too far from Blouberg but too dangerous to cycle to. So park at one of the trail heads is your best bet.

Park at Bloemendal, buy a day permit for Bloemendal farm, you go do both sides of the Tygerberg Tar road, Hillcrest and throw in Majik Forest (Free) for extra miles. if you do this twice you should be able to get the accumulative elevation you want.

or 

Park at Hoogekraal day permit there allows you to ride 3 farms, Hoogekraal, Welvergenoegd & Fair Cape.

or 

Park at Contermanskloof but your day permit will restrict you to only that one farm, but enough trail to not get bored has a bit of everything.