Coffee Debates

Which is the best post ride Coffee?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best post ride Coffee?

• Seattle Coffee
    • Starbucks
    • Vida e Caffe

54 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

This.

Caffeine is a performance enhancer. It offers very little in terms of recovery...

That's why I said PRE WORK NOT POST WORK. PRE IS BEFORE, POST IS AFTER. CAFFEINE IS STILL THE BLOOD OF CHAMPIONS!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Often at an independent in the area that has a decent bean and barista. In my hood there are a plenty. Yield, Tilt, Croft, Little Deli, Oink & Moo, Fab, Fourth Ave, Delta Cafe, Vice, Fresh Earth, Junction, Jozi Mobile, Loof, The Richmond etc etc .... 

Seattle is always a safe bet though and along with Woolworths I've found them the most consistent. Vida can vary between spots. starbucks isn't coffee, in the same way toilet water isn't whisky. 

I took the club on a ride through the Jozi suburbs and was asked why (aka, uitgek@k) we didn't stop at one of the many shops in Greenside. ????

25 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Which are all fully satisfied at many an opportune moment that is not immediately post-ride. ???? 

well I'm not a pro, so I drink what I want when I want.

Recovery is something I do the morning after a few too many beers

19 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I took the club on a ride through the Jozi suburbs and was asked why (aka, uitgek@k) we didn't stop at one of the many shops in Greenside. ????

Hah ... best cyclist spots in Greenside would be Oink & Moo, Loof or the Seattle. 

2 hours ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

If you're going to make a habit out of a post-ride coffee, surely supporting some smaller local company is a better idea than a chain? Fortunately Bootleggers wasn't mentioned...

This!

Support the non franchised places.

17 minutes ago, Eldron said:

This!

Support the non franchised places.

We received a "donation" from our local coffee shop, so the right thing to do is drink their coffee. Have been since they opened at our ride's start/finish point. It's the way we like it.

29 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Hah ... best cyclist spots in Greenside would be Oink & Moo, Loof or the Seattle. 

Might stop there the Sunday before 947 (an chilled Sunday ride).
Also going that way again, because of the Jacarandas that are in full bloom.

18 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Might stop there the Sunday before 947 (an chilled Sunday ride).
Also going that way again, because of the Jacarandas that are in full bloom.

Beware the comfort food, deadly delicious. No artisanal what what .. 

2 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Ooh. Fancy. We usually sit on the pavement in front of the Dog Box Liquor Store in Bredell.

we've done some of them as well*, you won't find a colder zamalek than one sold at a transkei shebeen

*but we usually do them mid-ride

1 hour ago, Undun said:

That's why I said PRE WORK NOT POST WORK. PRE IS BEFORE, POST IS AFTER. CAFFEINE IS STILL THE BLOOD OF CHAMPIONS!!

When someone says "This." they are agreeing with you.
You quoted me agreeing with you and then defended the statement with which I agreed.

1 hour ago, MTBeer said:

well I'm not a pro, so I drink what I want when I want.

Recovery is something I do the morning after a few too many beers

If your cycle session was not aimed at improving your cycling, but just about having fun, then sure thing.
I'm also an amateur, but sometimes I cycle in order to improve my fitness. Seems silly to throw away gains I worked hard for by not thinking about recovery.