Coffee Debates

Which is the best post ride Coffee?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best post ride Coffee?

• Seattle Coffee
    • Starbucks
    • Vida e Caffe

6 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Rubbing Hands Together GIFs | TenorDef on the plans. Safety wise? Seen a bit of stuff here on the hub, also an issue in GP sadly you heard of the gent they shot. Safe to ride alone? 

Most of the safety issues relate to cycling to the trails.  The trails itself is safe.

As Robbie said, crashing while riding alone .....  for this reason I avoid the Hillcrest loops.  Rest of the trails are mostly busy and you regularly see other riders.

Tokai you know of

Nearly 200km of trails around Durbanville.  Nearly forgot about the Bottelary trails.

Lots more around Stellenbosch

Even a couple of the Cape Epic stages available as trails from Wellington to Ceres ....

So a wide variety from gravel through light trails to adrenaline single tracks.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

? Any Seattle Coffes close to the MTB trails? 

Close to Jonkers? 

image.png.c12af2d2e243480f7c35ad0a1a8062c5.png

Stellenbosch has many great coffee shops. There may even be a Seattle in a fresh stop/caltex, but the local coffee guys know that they have it really good in stellies. It's the heartland of coffee in the Boland. There are more coffee roasters than SCC shops in stellies. 

Actually, coming to stellies, claiming to be a coffee lover and drinking franchise coffee is akin to going to Jonkers and riding the jeep track and skipping all the trails. 

9 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Most of the safety issues relate to cycling to the trails.  The trails itself is safe.

As Robbie said, crashing while riding alone .....  for this reason I avoid the Hillcrest loops.  Rest of the trails are mostly busy and you regularly see other riders.

Tokai you know of

Nearly 200km of trails around Durbanville.  Nearly forgot about the Bottelary trails.

Lots more around Stellenbosch

Even a couple of the Cape Epic stages available as trails from Wellington to Ceres ....

So a wide variety from gravel through light trails to adrenaline single tracks.

Am drooling...

On 10/23/2021 at 7:05 AM, PhilipV said:

Stellenbosch has many great coffee shops. There may even be a Seattle in a fresh stop/caltex, but the local coffee guys know that they have it really good in stellies. It's the heartland of coffee in the Boland. There are more coffee roasters than SCC shops in stellies. 

Actually, coming to stellies, claiming to be a coffee lover and drinking franchise coffee is akin to going to Jonkers and riding the jeep track and skipping all the trails. 

WC riding ma. Where is this, where's that train going? What a view. 

image.png.b561cc05523309158d129fc2c5ecc7aa.png

1 minute ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Not a train, its the N1 heading to the Huguenot (sp) tunnel????

21 hours ago, copperhead said:

If you know, you know. If you don't then the coffee you are drinking is second class! 15kms outside Op Die Berg on the Cederberg road. Hands down the best coffee I have ever tasted. Okay okay not really just down the road but I seem to be passing this little trailer quite often ???? Barista Brett is the man.

20211024_103944.jpg

Ding. Everything just fell into place for me. 

I met you at Tremor Coffee in Ceres on a Friday when you rode to Hogsback a while ago. Next time coffee is on me. 

I need to stop sending one of my drivers on the Op-Die-Berg trips and do one myself and go get me some Grondpad Coffee. And sommer ride Houdenbek while I'm there.

On 10/24/2021 at 1:17 PM, OVERDRIVE said:

As you exit the tunnel on Paarl side coming to visit from Jozi this will be the first view you see of the Cape.

image.png.ccbbebf590fd0f91ce5f3e28db57a634.png

As you leave the Cape on the way back home, this is the last view you have of our beautiful metro

image.png.ec1f887c2e5205d484a1b4987c7655cf.png

On 10/22/2021 at 10:55 AM, bleedToWin said:

Which are all fully satisfied at many an opportune moment that is not immediately post-ride. ???? 

who stole your fun and why did you let them?

2 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

As you exit the tunnel on Paarl side coming to visit from Jozi this will be the first view you see of the Cape.

image.png.ccbbebf590fd0f91ce5f3e28db57a634.png

As you leave the Cape on the way back home, this is the last view you have of our beautiful metro

image.png.ec1f887c2e5205d484a1b4987c7655cf.png

Impressive how the heli-pilot flew under that bridge, around the pillars, following the riders as they passed under the bridge a second time.

5 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Impressive how the heli-pilot flew under that bridge, around the pillars, following the riders as they passed under the bridge a second time.

What a maneuver that was!