Mid level dual suss

Mamil

I'm 100% Scott fan boy. But in this example the Trek looks like the winner by a big margin. Better fork and shock, it's a bit lighter if you believe them on the website. The paintjob looks cool as well

I'v been punishing my shimano 12 speed SLX/XT and its been nothing but a dream. Set and forget. I know the lower end sram 12 speed stuff are quite a mission to keep dialed in. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, PappaWatTrap said:

I'm 100% Scott fan boy. But in this example the Trek looks like the winner by a big margin. Better fork and shock, it's a bit lighter if you believe them on the website. The paintjob looks cool as well

I'v been punishing my shimano 12 speed SLX/XT and its been nothing but a dream. Set and forget. I know the lower end sram 12 speed stuff are quite a mission to keep dialed in. 

The lack of a second bottle cage is a challenge 

I'd try and get a second hand Pyga Stage (you can sometimes get them around that price range) and always be happy when out on the bike.

Oh wait I did.

(I know you said new but later on you mildly mentioned second hand quickly which was all motivation I needed)

Epic Evo would be worth a look as well. Trek looks to have great geo, but that Rockshox 35 puts me off with that piss poor excuse for a damper. I have the new Spark, fast as heck up or down, but at 50k, the spec is not that great and availability is non-existant. A second hand or new old stock previous gen Spark would be worth a shout as well. Very capable and well sorted bikes. A Giant Trance 29 is also worth a look as some clean second hand ones crop up every now and again

39 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

The lack of a second bottle cage is a challenge 

The Scott is also challenged with the seat tube bottle on the size medium. Larger frames are better.

but also #hydrationpacksarecoolagain

6 minutes ago, thebob said:

Epic Evo would be worth a look as well. Trek looks to have great geo, but that Rockshox 35 puts me off with that piss poor excuse for a damper. I have the new Spark, fast as heck up or down, but at 50k, the spec is not that great and availability is non-existant. A second hand or new old stock previous gen Spark would be worth a shout as well. Very capable and well sorted bikes. A Giant Trance 29 is also worth a look as some clean second hand ones crop up every now and again

Epic evo is 65k neighbourhood? 

23 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

The Scott is also challenged with the seat tube bottle on the size medium. Larger frames are better.

but also #hydrationpacksarecoolagain

Yeah I fall in the XL range, one advantage of being tall and heavy. 2 bottles and being cool with a hydration pack

Have two Trek Top Fuel 7s on back order, wife’s is arriving next month and mine in December, so good luck finding stock. Also had a massive dig around at this price range and ended up going with the Treks!

1 hour ago, Jase619 said:

Have two Trek Top Fuel 7s on back order, wife’s is arriving next month and mine in December, so good luck finding stock. Also had a massive dig around at this price range and ended up going with the Treks!

Ja. There's hardly any in the country. Only one I've seen is a L. 

Also been told I'm on the list for December so we are probably waiting for the same ship to come in. Hasn't even left port yet... So I'm told. 

Phone a few shops and look for a Scott Spark 940/950 2021 model. Cant take two water bottles but I think they are good deals for around your budget!

21 hours ago, Mamil said:

Ja. There's hardly any in the country. Only one I've seen is a L. 

Also been told I'm on the list for December so we are probably waiting for the same ship to come in. Hasn't even left port yet... So I'm told. 

Phoned half of Joburg and the one shop in Bloem and got no luck finding it in black in Large. But will just wait for the back order to arrive. If my wife’s arrives mid November as promised then I am optimistic mine will arrive in December before we go to the coast.

Bad News . . .  Larges arriving 21 February. That's 4 months away. Plus they got a R5000 price boost and changed components from SRAM to Shimano.

Wife's was supposed to arrive mid November, now only end December.

So much for riding on the South Coast this holiday