Mid level dual suss

Mamil

On 10/22/2021 at 1:36 PM, Mamil said:

..... Just making sure my brand and shop loyalty isn't making me miss out on something. 

And here I wanted to make an emotive and biased recommendation for :P

1. SCOTT

2. Giant

3. ... emotively I cant even type that other brand's name .... factually, the brand clearly is not all bad.

1. TITAN (deliberately numbered "1" again)

As DnD said, groupsets can be changed to Shimano for the win :whistling:

Two water bottles .... that is something worth considering if longer rides are on the cards

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At just under R50k (stand corrected) I would also look at the Silverback Stratos 1. 120mm travel, GX drivetrain and standard dropper post. It will handle anything you can throw at it.

23 minutes ago, KB280DT said:

At just under R50k (stand corrected) I would also look at the Silverback Stratos 1. 120mm travel, GX drivetrain and standard dropper post. It will handle anything you can throw at it.

Unless you have OCD and struggle with the asymmetrical frame design.

Those treks better hurry up cos I'm spending the money - Thieves took the gate motor off a rental property - it was welded into a cage attached to the gate itself - it must have made a helluva racket but they took the whole assembly --- replacement cost is the price of a drivetrain...... =sigh

46 minutes ago, KB280DT said:

I'm never spending money on a Silverback again, I've had 2 frames with the same issue from one of their other bikes and they never replaced it like for like. I just gave up and ate the loss on the second frame.

Edited by Newbie321

9 minutes ago, Newbie321 said:

I'm never spending money on a Silverback again, I've had 2 frames with the same issue from one of their other bikes and they never replaced it like for like. I just gave up and ate the loss on the second frame.

That's really unfortunate. I had to claim a frame and the service I received from Silverback themselves have been brilliant so far. Yes, I had to wait for about 5 months for the frame (thanks Covid) , but they arranged a loan frame to get me cycling until their factory could send the new frame. And they've done away with the plastic downtube cover and routed all cables internally now :)

As for the bike shop that initially handled my claim........suffice to say they won't see me again.

1 hour ago, KB280DT said:

Good grief, that frame just doesn't sit well with me. . . .

2 hours ago, Rolf Hansen said:

Unless you have OCD and struggle with the asymmetrical frame design.

Yap that’s me, can’t look past that asymmetric design. Looks like good value for money but yeah I want to get excited looking at a bike as well

Edited by PappaWatTrap

1 hour ago, PappaWatTrap said:

Yap that’s me, can’t look past that asymmetric design. Looks like good value for money but yeah I want to get excited looking at a bike as well

So a big no for Specialized then, with the wierd shock mount ...

Actually KB280DT's Stratos looks damn nice, up close.  I like the paint job as well. 

All he needs now is a proper Shimano groupset ...

4 hours ago, ChrisF said:

So a big no for Specialized then, with the wierd shock mount ...

Actually KB280DT's Stratos looks damn nice, up close.  I like the paint job as well. 

Sorry yeah I was a bit critical,

I would agree, pop a Shimano groupo on and he'll have a fun ride

17 hours ago, Mamil said:

Those treks better hurry up cos I'm spending the money - Thieves took the gate motor off a rental property - it was welded into a cage attached to the gate itself - it must have made a helluva racket but they took the whole assembly --- replacement cost is the price of a drivetrain...... =sigh

What about your insurance ? Cant you claim from that?

On 10/29/2021 at 4:59 PM, ChrisF said:

I'm starting to think the same.....????

• 1 month later...

Trek updated their arrivals, wife’s bike still arriving 20 December, mine now arriving 10 January. Guess mid January is gonna be an awesome time! Just not for my wallet