Matt Beers and Jordan Sarrou win 2021 Absa Cape Epic

News bot

15 minutes ago, Cookie88 said:

Few points to note and things I can relate to even though I was hours if not days behind him...

1) The first 2 days were absolutely brutal 

2) Our team also had bad moments rather than bad days yet we still manage to turn it around and mins later we felt strong again. Crazy what the mind can do for you when you are super keen.

3) Listening to his power numbers is crazy! We also rode on power, probably less than half the numbers he is pushing.

Matt clearly knows his ability yet he is so humble in what he has just achieved. Absolutely stoked for his that they pulled it off... 

28 minutes ago, babse said:

Few points to note and things I can relate to even though I was hours if not days behind him...

1) The first 2 days were absolutely brutal 

2) Our team also had bad moments rather than bad days yet we still manage to turn it around and mins later we felt strong again. Crazy what the mind can do for you when you are super keen.

3) Listening to his power numbers is crazy! We also rode on power, probably less than half the numbers he is pushing.

Matt clearly knows his ability yet he is so humble in what he has just achieved. Absolutely stoked for his that they pulled it off... 

Interesting that some of your insights and experiences are shared.

On your last point, I was lucky enough to have a beer while chatting to Matt and his girlfriend at the finish of Brewery2Brewery last year - he finished a country mile ahead of everyone else (obviously ????). Very easy-going  guy and echo your sentiments on him being so humble - I'm sure he can dial up the competitiveness when he needs to but it's refreshing to meet someone with so much talent and ability who you can have a 'real' conversation with.

Kudo's to him and Sarrou - this win is well deserved and I am looking forward to Epic 2022 already ????