Availability of parts in Mauritius

Riaan_DP

Hi, I'm heading off to Mauritius for an extended period. I've been advised to take my bike along as apparently bikes are very expensive that side. My bike is a 27.5'er (Giant Trance), so I am a bit concerned about finding parts. In SA it is at times a mission to find especially parts for wheels. Does anyone have any experience with finding parts that side, or know generally how availability looks? Ideally I don't want to import everything myself.

I know there are a few decent bike shops and amazing trails on Reunion island. Was there in 2018...... Just a stone throw from Mauritius.

Pretty sure you could do some grey importing that way

Hi Riaan - there are a few bikes shops for MTB and Road, parts have been a challenge worldwide, but generally we ( the cycling community) manages. Best

Hi. I know there is a specialized shop in the north of the island. That said i know a lot of people there just ask someone to bring it back from SA as there is always someone traveling between there and SA.

Enjoy the Island :)