Clothes for Big riders

lerouc

I stopped cycling give or take 2/3years ago and since then I have put on quite a lot of weight. I was a big guy even when I was cycling fit. Did w2w weighing just shy of 130kg. I want to get back into the swing of things, watching the epic just awakens something in loins.

Where can I find cycling clothes for the bigger guy with the afrikaner boep, until its under control again?

1 hour ago, lerouc said:

I stopped cycling give or take 2/3years ago and since then I have put on quite a lot of weight. I was a big guy even when I was cycling fit. Did w2w weighing just shy of 130kg. I want to get back into the swing of things, watching the epic just awakens something in loins.

Where can I find cycling clothes for the bigger guy with the afrikaner boep, until its under control again?

Just rock a quick drying type t-shirt from Mr Price or the like if you are on a MTB ... recon the roadies may frown on this if you are on a roadie bike, but #%^#$ them if they do.

18 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Just rock a quick drying type t-shirt from Mr Price or the like if you are on a MTB ... recon the roadies may frown on this if you are on a roadie bike, but #%^#$ them if they do.

I carry most of my spares in my back pocket but maybe (seeing that it will be a while before I can ride long enough to use 2 bottles) I should go that route and get a tool bottle for the spares.

1 hour ago, lerouc said:

Black dustbin bag with holes cut out for head and arms? Cheap, xxxxxxl sizes and helps with the weight loss.

(you may think I'm joking, but I know an ex-pro who used to wear exactly this at the start of the season when doing spinning indoors to speed up weight loss)

Edited by TNT1

2 hours ago, lerouc said:

I carry most of my spares in my back pocket but maybe (seeing that it will be a while before I can ride long enough to use 2 bottles) I should go that route and get a tool bottle for the spares.

Get a hiking / trail running "moonbag" and you can keep your tools, wallet, spare bottle, etc in there with the weight along your waist.....once you try it you will be surprised as to how good an option is. 

3 hours ago, Hairy said:

I roadie in an indola baggies and a sportswear shirt. I cant be bothered. I am there to ride a bike not look like I ride/race for a pro team. Each to their own!

Welcome back Lerouc - sheez, talk of falling of the radar.

I am still at man-size despite many years of trying to look less so. I am also around 125kg odd at the moment.

I ride with Cape Storm baggies (2XL) and chamois combo which fits lekker and has enough pockets for all my things and wear any one of three different Mr. P Sport gym shirts that are loose fitting and in dark tones to hide the bulge enough. It works well enough for me.

image.png.9d49ce3507ac62547f5cd31fcc9c2d00.png

120 KGs is the New Normal 

Anatomic FTW, buy yourself a PIE IN THE SKY TOP train, focus , enjoy the journey back

December I stopped weighing in at 135kg March I clocked 100

im floating around 95 , loving cycling again

AS LONG AS U HAVING FUN,,,vaaark the rest

riding heavy is better than riding the couch

I LOVE CYCLING TO MY CORE

WELCOME BACK 

Cool, anatomic shirt ordered. Only had the beer shirt in 5xl, but i guess its "fitting". <- see what I did there!

Thanks for the advice! Hope to see some of you on the trails soon!

…and if you have decent bib shorts that are tight over the shoulders, you can insert a piece of fabric say 8cm long into the left strap and right strap, since the shorts-part will likely still fit you - I did this withFOURpairs of bibs, cost me R50 per pair at local seamstress = bargain.

chris

8 hours ago, Zebra said:

…and if you have decent bib shorts that are tight over the shoulders, you can insert a piece of fabric say 8cm long into the left strap and right strap, since the shorts-part will likely still fit you - I did this withFOURpairs of bibs, cost me R50 per pair at local seamstress = bargain.

chris

awesome idea thanks!

20 hours ago, lerouc said:

Up to 3XL sizes here and ad says “make an offer”.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/jerseys/508905/clothing-xl-xxl-sizes

20 hours ago, lerouc said:

I have a couple of shirts XXL and XL that needs a home.