Convert From Eagle 1 x 12 to Shimano 1 x 12?

love2fly

I went from SRAM GX to Shimano XT/SLX.  The Shimano is cheaper and better.  As previous posters have said, I could never get the GX to shift perfectly.  Shimano just works.

Haven't had XX1 or XO1 so can't comment on those, but I am not paying R11k for a cassette.

1 hour ago, Andrew Buckley said:

I went from SRAM GX to Shimano XT/SLX.  The Shimano is cheaper and better.  As previous posters have said, I could never get the GX to shift perfectly.  Shimano just works.

Haven't had XX1 or XO1 so can't comment on those, but I am not paying R11k for a cassette.

Yip. That's where I'm at. I've always found upshifts pretty good and how to you can shift up the cassette even under load...but you need to be able to tweak on the fly ????...couldn't resist ..

I have two bikes with Sram XX1 and one with GX, the xx1 is perfect every time and I’ve never had a bit of trouble with it. Had to readjust it after a crash where the deralliure took a serious knock but that’s all, the Gx was a mission to get set up and it took 3 bike shops to get it right but since then it’s been great so far (about 1200km so far and going strong). 

My experience with shimano has not been that great though (similar to NX), the Sram just seems to keep going endlessly but the shimano constantly seemed to want tweaking. 

also Sram cassettes and chains I’ve found to outlast shimano by a very long way

Edited by Scott roy