Rivet loose on Sunrace cassette.

Wannabe

I have fairly new Sunrace 11-46 cassette on which one of the rivets that keeps the 46 tooth sprocket connected  to the rest of the cassette, has fallen out.

The cassette  was replaced  under warranty, but I was wondering  if there was a way to replace this rivet, to make the cassette  usable  again.

Any ideas out there?

IMG20211025103740.jpg

Sunrace 1.jpg

the 2nd largest sprocket looks bent downward i.e. it is now biopace so worth saving the extra 35brazillion watts

its fubar

43 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

I have fairly new Sunrace 11-46 cassette on which one of the rivets that keeps the 46 tooth sprocket connected  to the rest of the cassette, has fallen out.

The cassette  was replaced  under warranty, but I was wondering  if there was a way to replace this rivet, to make the cassette  usable  again.

Any ideas out there?

IMG20211025103740.jpg

Sunrace 1.jpg

Well .....  now I like Sunrace even less.

1 minute ago, TheoG said:

Well .....  now I like Sunrace even less.

I must admit, this cassette was replaced at least 3 years back, and this was the first and last time I've ever heard of, or seen a failure like this. 

Supplier replaced it without a hassle, and as you can see, I've still got the failed one in my possession. 

Just now, Wannabe said:

I must admit, this cassette was replaced at least 3 years back, and this was the first and last time I've ever heard of, or seen a failure like this. 

Supplier replaced it without a hassle, and as you can see, I've still got the failed one in my possession. 

The replacement one is still going without a hitch. 

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

the 2nd largest sprocket looks bent downward i.e. it is now biopace so worth saving the extra 35brazillion watts

its fubar

That's just the plastic spacer between the sprockets that's hanging loose. The missing rivet keeps it in place.

19 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Why not just use a Pop rivet? I mean at the end of the day you don't have much to loose 

Was thinking of it. Just worried it might not have the necessary tensile strength.

2 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

Was thinking of it. Just worried it might not have the necessary tensile strength.

I think it will work, and if it fails then just rivet it again ????

Just now, RobertWhitehead said:

I think it will work, and if it fails then just rivet it again ????

After a broken spoke or two as the rivet jams in the wheel (is how I experienced it when the original rivet came loose)????

52 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

Find a similar length pan head machine screw and epoxy it in