Let's give Titan their respect: Rossouw Bekker's Cypher RS in all its glory

OVERDRIVE

I may be deviating slightly (from the discussion around the top end model), but having done a LOAD of reading up and comparing of bikes I’m probably going to settle on the Cypher Dash as my first ‘serious’ bike. Can’t find much else at that price 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/27/2021 at 7:59 PM, guidodg said:

one set of pivots too many on the rear triangle..

Close to Rocky mountain element  rear pivot ,optimized for climbing .It works really well Is the new Rocky Mountain Element their best looking bike ever? - MBR

1 hour ago, eala said:

Close to Rocky mountain element  rear pivot ,optimized for climbing .It works really well Is the new Rocky Mountain Element their best looking bike ever? - MBR

I tried the 2016 model years ago. Loved it. Back to back against a bianchi methanolFS, it was superb. Comfortable, laterally stiff frame and great handling

25 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Yes, but this is not a fair comparison ... this RM has a lot of red, so is obviously going to be faster!

and covered in maple syrup so it will stick to the trail like glue

On 10/27/2021 at 8:44 AM, DJuice said:

You are probably 100% correct.

Few reviews and comments on forums about same factory, different software.

Its so common these days. when doing a big of digging you can find the same titan frame AND Swift's Evil twin frame in south america under different brands. its a case of SELFDE PUDDING ANDER SOUS iff you ask me. 

Evil Twin Copy is a Sense Invictus

https://www.behance.net/gallery/66932029/Sense-Bike-Carbon-Models-2017

Edited by no calves

1 hour ago, no calves said:

Its so common these days. when doing a big of digging you can find the same titan frame AND Swift's Evil twin frame in south america under different brands. its a case of SELFDE PUDDING ANDER SOUS iff you ask me. 

If I recall correct, Swift was bought by a Brazilian company. 

12 hours ago, no calves said:

Well yes and no. Titan own their design and there's significant differences to the Swift/Sense, plus Titan's design office (The Forge) is based in Bellville Cape Town. 
That link actually shows us the correlation between Swift Carbon under the new Brazilian ownership of Sense Bikes, which is around the same time as the buyout and take over of all models and designs. The poster of the images, Gabriel Delfino, is a designer/product manager for them. 

Mark Hopkins from cSixx in CT has also provided design/prototyping consulting to them in the past. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2021 at 5:14 PM, no calves said:

Hi, please can you share a link to the Titan frame? I mean the one you found from a South American brand. 

Edited by Teamcliff