spring rates and valving?

Mongooser

Hi all

So i switched from a 400 to a 550lbs spring on my tr250 and noticed the rebound is alot faster, had to dial it 5 clicks slower just to get back to what it was like on the 400 spring. leaving me with almost no clicks left for adjustment. This is with 50% of hsc lcs and btc used

first spring was a 2,8 400

replacement a 2,5ish 550lbs

On this linkage setup 550 is what a 100ish kg rider would use. me weighing around 65 throws it off.

Would revalving the shock solve the issue or a rebuild? 

Fox DHX4 rc boost valve

Thanks

Ok I am not familiar with the specific shock you are referring to. In general any suspension is a balance between the mass it supports (rider weight), spring rate and damper. Changing any of the three will have an effect on how the shock performs. In your case it sounds like the increased spring rate is more than what the damper can damp out according to what you need it to do. A more restrictive damper should get the rebound more to what you need.

thanks for the info guys.  I'll have to ask my suspension guy to revalve it. Got the exact same issue on my lyric rc2 when running max psi.