Giro D'Italia 2024: Chirps, Buzz and Updates

'Dale

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Silver lining from all the drama of the damage to his eye: He can go recover and build up again to be in peak form for Le Tour... giving the other puncheur-sprinters a hard time on the biggest cycling platform there is. :)

Was hoping for that silver lining, Bruuuu. Makes my heart smile.

Where's the e-bike thread, and haters? Do they belong in Grand Tours?
Here's the winner of the Giro-E stage 8
image.png.32b99c0f22e663d2389396e0c5f6169d.png

Any history hacks here? That stage in Napoli, the circuit, the circuit was around the Roman resort city of Baiae.

You might have seen the remnants of a dome close to the road they past a few times, Predates the Pantheon, from the Augustan era, Temple of Diana

He might be a bit disappointed in his results, but I have to say, he did hit the deck quite hard on that tough uphill finish on stage 1. He would have had a 3rd-place finish there and then most likely some better results in the rest of the stages if he didn't make contact with the tarmac.

image.png.7100cf7f5220a77143a8b9182fb7bbae.png

30 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

He might be a bit disappointed in his results, but I have to say, he did hit the deck quite hard on that tough uphill finish on stage 1. He would have had a 3rd-place finish there and then most likely some better results in the rest of the stages if he didn't make contact with the tarmac.

image.png.7100cf7f5220a77143a8b9182fb7bbae.png

here's an interesting analysis of Ewan https://supertuck.substack.com/p/lotto-soudal-relegation-worries-ewan?s=r

as a cycling fan that likes to think about cycling stuff, i found this a decent analysis

16 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Todays work - one for the break? 

4FBA9E53-4C56-48A7-81C5-75B635817107.jpeg

break for sure! good call. My picks are James Knox, Alessandro de Marchi or Mauro Schmid to get in the break and win from there. Could also be a day for VDP if he's allowed in the break. If he is, I'd expect him to get leaned on to do the bulk of the work. From there, it's anyone's guess how it goes - we know how many watts he can do in Italy after a day in the saddle

42 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Todays work - one for the break? 

4FBA9E53-4C56-48A7-81C5-75B635817107.jpeg

You are a day early Dale... that is the Profile for tomorrow ;)

This is the profile for today. But yes, still one for the breakaway IMHO

Altimetria / Profile Tappa 12 Stage 12 Giro d'Italia 2022

4 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

You are a day early Dale... that is the Profile for tomorrow ;)

This is the profile for today. But yes, still one for the breakaway IMHO

Altimetria / Profile Tappa 12 Stage 12 Giro d'Italia 2022

Sorrie 

I’ve been one day ahead the whole blerrie week - longing for the weekend!

2 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

here's an interesting analysis of Ewan https://supertuck.substack.com/p/lotto-soudal-relegation-worries-ewan?s=r

as a cycling fan that likes to think about cycling stuff, i found this a decent analysis

Very lekker read, thank you! Makes me think one should take a Moneyball approach and focus on bang-for-buck and not all-out success at Le Tour or a Grand Tour.

That being said, the whole Movistar docie on Netflix has made me think that even pro-teams can be amateurish in approach (sometimes or in some areas).