Giro D'Italia 2024: Chirps, Buzz and Updates

'Dale

How dare Mathieu get a podium spot after all his courageous time in the break and up mountain passes. He is in a 2nd top tiered ProConti team, not even a WorldTour team.
The Giro has revealed how much more talent is in the WT and how competitive it is.  

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

How dare Mathieu get a podium spot after all his courageous time in the break and up mountain passes. He is in a 2nd top tiered ProConti team, not even a WorldTour team.
The Giro has revealed how much more talent is in the WT and how competitive it is.  

That squad of fluo yellow deserves some respect nuh, okes rode with so much heart... 🙌

10 hours ago, babse said:

That squad of fluo yellow deserves some respect nuh, okes rode with so much heart... 🙌

Very true.

I don't want to speak too early, but this does bode well for the TDF... and a certain Mr MainCheese.🤞

I really enjoyed the Giro. It was a proper arm-wrestle until Saturday. And the manner in which it happened was enthralling. Carapaz showed supreme sportsmanship and kept Hindley honest to the end. 

The rest of the tour was fantastic. Italy is so pretty, except that part of Genoa they went through... that was terrible.

I wonder if Bardet's illness changed the final outcome? We can only speculate, but while he was there, he was thoroughly good to watch

MVDP won the most combatant overall, unsurprisingly, and the second arrival of Girmay didn't come as a surprise, but it sure was welcome! Seems they'll both be in France too, so should be fun once again

Edited by lechatnoir

1 hour ago, lechatnoir said:

I really enjoyed the Giro. It was a proper arm-wrestle until Saturday. And the manner in which it happened was enthralling. Carapaz showed supreme sportsmanship and kept Hindley honest to the end. 

The rest of the tour was fantastic. Italy is so pretty, except that part of Genoa they went through... that was terrible.

I wonder if Bardet's illness changed the final outcome? We can only speculate, but while he was there, he was thoroughly good to watch

MVDP won the most combatant overall, unsurprisingly, and the second arrival of Girmay didn't come as a surprise, but it sure was welcome! Seems they'll both be in France too, so should be fun once again

I echo your comments; probably one of the better editions in recent memory. 

For some reason I missed the stage through Genoa, and I didn't even watch the highlights. But I agree that it's a slum (could be because it's the main shipping port).

1 hour ago, lechatnoir said:

No TDF for Girmay... But hopefully some WVA and MVDP battles...

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/no-permanent-eye-damage-but-no-tour-de-france-for-girmay/

Was a great Giro! Bardet to win, maybe not, but podium I think yes.

13 hours ago, babse said:

They have 2 GC in the top 10. Superb!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Two weekends to go, cycling fans.

The hot favourite for GC is the rainbow jersey in Remco Evenepoel. He will return back to altitude for a week before arriving for the Grand Tour. 

What a beautiful and inspiring clip:

Then there's the mighty Primoz who knows how to race over 3 weeks. This mountain time trial on Stage 20, met eish, will be dramatic.

Image-22.png

Remco obvious favourite but he will need proper team support to fend off JV for 3 weeks... should be a cracker!!!