Giro D'Italia 2024: Chirps, Buzz and Updates

'Dale

21 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

:(

KXpNMxaTmZuockTwarvH_100522-113007-scale
13:36:02
A moment we never wanted to comment on

This is the moment when Miguel Angel Lopez is forced to abandon the Giro d’Italia.
The Colombian rider had staked a lot on this Giro. Now also the internal dynamics of Astana Qazaqstan Team will have to change, will Vincenzo Nibali become the captain?

was the shark never the captain? dont think so...not with that TT performance.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Vetplant said:
13:34:48
The advantage of the breakaway group continues to grow: 11'06'' after 40 km of racing
Live News
13:19:45
Here are the 14 breakaway members

Valerio Conti (Astana Qazaqstan), Lennard Kämna (Bora-hansgrohe), Davide Villella, Rémy Rochas (Cofidis), Rein Taaramae (Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert), Gijs Leemreize (Jumbo-Visma), Sylvain Moniquet (Lotto Soudal), Mauri Vansevenant (Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl), Juan Pedro Lopez (Trek-Segafredo), Stefano Oldani (Alpecin-Fenix), Diego Andrés Camargo (EF Education-EasyPost), Erik Fetter (Eolo-Kometa), Alexander Cataford (Israel-PremierTech) and Lilian Calmejane (AG2R Citroën).
8’10” gap for them.

Ha! All the ingredients are there... a larger than average bunch holding a stronger than average rider who could win the stage and, at least for a while, threaten the leader's jersey. I may have to leave work a little early today.

4 minutes ago, NickGM said:

Ha! All the ingredients are there... a larger than average bunch holding a stronger than average rider who could win the stage and, at least for a while, threaten the leader's jersey. I may have to leave work a little early today.

80km to go, 7m30s lead for the Break.

Still looking good for him right now

58km till they start the climb...

7 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

80km to go, 7m30s lead for the Break.

Still looking good for him right now

58km till they start the climb...

image.png.896578a86e964d1b70107b244020b991.png

kamna lost 90seconds on the opening stage, maybe targetting this stage win going into the race

31 minutes ago, NickGM said:

you're at work?

7m25s lead with 25km until the climb starts.

Breakaway should start the climb with a 5min lead, give or take

Just now, Vetplant said:

FFS, Supersport Feed is down. Anyone on GCN+ that can fill us in? 

Lol, came here to ask same thing.

3 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

FFS, Supersport Feed is down. Anyone on GCN+ that can fill us in? 

its at these times i wonder why am i still on dstv and not yet a subscriber to GCN+

2 hours ago, Vetplant said:

:(

KXpNMxaTmZuockTwarvH_100522-113007-scale
13:36:02
A moment we never wanted to comment on

This is the moment when Miguel Angel Lopez is forced to abandon the Giro d’Italia.
The Colombian rider had staked a lot on this Giro. Now also the internal dynamics of Astana Qazaqstan Team will have to change, will Vincenzo Nibali become the captain?

do we know why?

1 minute ago, YaseenEnos said:

do we know why?

Best I have found is that he has been carrying a hip injury for the last couple of days.