'Dale

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, sias said:

Time to get out the Italian dictionary! 

SS6 just came back online... English feed available :)

4 hours ago, NickGM said:

Leonard Kamna with a classic fuga bidon, as the italians say. That's my prediction (or hope) for the day.

Hope you are watching Nick, Kamna is smashing it! 

Juan Pedro Lopez is the first Spanish rider since Alberto Contador in 2015 to wear the pink jersey. - @CafeRoubaix, Twitter

Some GC related updates:

One Lopez in the Maglia Rosa; another Lopez from Astana will not start today with a recurring hip injury.

Yates went down and got the tarmac  and it is yet to be revealed how it’ll affect his form moving forward.

"I worked hard for it, just as hard as always. But it's not coming out anymore. The body no longer reacts the way I want. My legs are full. I no longer have the power I had a few years ago. Those were not fun kilometres.” - Big Tom, on losing bags of time up Mt Etna

49 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Some GC related updates:

One Lopez in the Maglia Rosa; another Lopez from Astana will not start today with a recurring hip injury.

Yates went down and got the tarmac  and it is yet to be revealed how it’ll affect his form moving forward.

"I worked hard for it, just as hard as always. But it's not coming out anymore. The body no longer reacts the way I want. My legs are full. I no longer have the power I had a few years ago. Those were not fun kilometres.” - Big Tom, on losing bags of time up Mt Etna

Didn't T de M have covid earlier this year? Gotta wonder if that's got something to do with it.

It would be sad if Yates is hampered by his fall. He is looking good and is placed well going forward.

Awesome 1st big day!

9 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

So ... what was Ineos' plan pulling all the other GC guys up the volcano? 

it's their default... ride like they have the jersey... 😆

With Girmay and MVDP now both occupying the same "airspace" as cyclists, this might bring about the end of me cheering for the latter.