Giant announce new lighter Anthem with FlexPoint suspension

News bot

The new Anthem Advanced Pro 29 has already proven to be a highly capable XC and XCM machine having been raced by the Giant Factory Offroad team in the 2021 UCI MTB World Cup races and by African team Imbuko Giant Pro Cycling at the 2021 Absa Cape Epic. It features an ultra-efficient advanced composite mainframe and rear swingarm, which is 250g lighter than its predecessor; makes use of Giant’s all-new FlexPoint Pro suspension to deliver 100mm of smooth, active rear travel; has a steeper 75.5 degree seat tube angle for better power transfer while climbing and a slacker 67.5-degree head tube angle paired with a 110mm travel fork for increased control on technical descents.

View full article

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, stefmeister said:

They've got the Trance 29 for that.  115/130mm.

Hasn't that got longer? 135/150? not sure if the shorter travel trance still exists? When most manufacturers are making a trailversion of their XC racers you'd thought Giant would maker a version with more than a 10mm increase front & rear. 

7 minutes ago, dseenya said:

Hasn't that got longer? 135/150? not sure if the shorter travel trance still exists? When most manufacturers are making a trailversion of their XC racers you'd thought Giant would maker a version with more than a 10mm increase front & rear. 

Trance X is 135mm rear, 150mm up front. 

You can also throw on a 120mm Fox 34 for down country vibes.

4 minutes ago, dseenya said:

Giant did this in 2015 with the Anthem SX 27.5 which was 100/120 and in 2017 they changed it to 110/130. Sure they were 27.5 and geo has progressed but Giant have played in these numbers before.

These 2022 Trance 29er is 120/130 and the Trance X 27.5 is 145/160.

After looking at the recommended retail prices on the Giant online stores in other countries, they have out priced these bikes. I love my XTC and the Anthem that I just sold but sadly, there's no value for money anymore.