Giant announce new lighter Anthem with FlexPoint suspension

News bot

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Anyone know what's the thingy mounted under the top tube?  Cant see from the photos.

The controller/telemetry box wired to the suspension and sensors for Fox's Live Wire system.  This can be setup and dialled via a Bluetooth on a dedicated smartphone app. 

Edited by Danger Dassie

2 hours ago, dseenya said:

Giant are off-trend, still no "down country" version. where's the 110mm rear & 120mm front version?

Given them a chance.

This is their race specific model, they have a tendency to bring out their "X" models that are a little more gravity orientated compared to the model it is based on.

So I say look out for a Anthem X in the not too distant future with more "down country" spec. 

30 minutes ago, Bondinator said:

After looking at the recommended retail prices on the Giant online stores in other countries, they have out priced these bikes. I love my XTC and the Anthem that I just sold but sadly, there's no value for money anymore.

Best value for money these days is to just ride the bike you already have.

Just now, Hairy said:

Best value for money these days is to just ride the bike you already have.

Yip, agree, unfortunately.  Would love to get my hands on a newer RM frame, but they are "chicken teeth" at a premium price ... ????.

10 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

The controller/telemetry box wired to the suspension and sensors for Fox's Live Wire system.  This can be setup and dialled via a Bluetooth on a dedicated smartphone app. 

Sounds very cool but probably shlt expensive ... ????

2 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Sounds very cool but probably shlt expensive ... ????

Likely ya, haven't checked the latest pricing because I don't feel a need for it. And sometimes ignorance is bliss!

4 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

The Giant Trance 29 with 130f/115r is as downcountry as they come. What are people talking about? 

It's not on the ZA giant website, maybe its coming?

4 hours ago, dseenya said:

It's not on the ZA giant website, maybe its coming?

no stock, thats the problem. Making matters worse, China is experiencing loadshedding, in fact its throughout Asia and even GB and the EU, parts of the USA. Energy is a global problem right now. Energy shortage = a shortage of raw materials... Its going to be at least another year before the world normalises. Its worse for SA because we have a dithering government that can't make decisions

7 hours ago, Hairy said:

Given them a chance.

This is their race specific model, they have a tendency to bring out their "X" models that are a little more gravity orientated compared to the model it is based on.

So I say look out for a Anthem X in the not too distant future with more "down country" spec. 

with a performance fork and xt components, I think the race kitted version is yet to come...

note the ompa brake levers, at the epic nogal

Interestingly the Imbuko/Giant team standardised their power meters with Power2Max throughout the team. Wonder if they correlate any of the power data with that from the Live Wire suspension. 

4 hours ago, BaGearA said:

People please , it's "LIVE VALVE 

NOT live wire

Exactly .............. this is a LIVEWIRE

Harley-Davidson LiveWire One Electric Motorcycle