Request from Gym at Grosvenor Crossing, Byranston to those who take off from there (Peaceful and with Cycling Love)

OVERDRIVE

Greetings fellow Hubbers

Quick request from the owner of the gym/fitness center by the Seattle Coffee at Grosvenor Crossing. They open up at 0500, which is when most of the rides start, or the meets happen. Their clients cant find parking, as there are many of us also raring to go at that time. 

Was hoping-any chance the congregating could happen on the other side, directly across from the Seattle so the early morning clients can get parking and also get their workout in? We all know how tough times are and loosing an already waning customer base is really tough. 

If all the guys and gals could get together in the marked area? just to give the tenants a hand. 

With peace and cycling love. 

image.png.ea817f974e629e706fdf0c1214189fc7.png

PHOTO-2021-11-18-09-45-54.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would also like to suggest that the Gym Instructor/s don't drive in like maniacs. Also, as seen in the videos..there is a lot of amble parking. This morning, by chance we assembled there. Please take a video of were we actually assemble every morning. When we, cyclists sitting down having coffee, we don't complain about the load music. Spread the love! 

Thank you. 

Probably just me but... if you are worried about the gym instructors driving in like maniacs, wouldn't it make sense to not stand in the middle of the road right in front of an entrance where it is basically guaranteed that at some point someone is going to need to drive?

Or if someone wants to park in that first parking spot left of the entrance, they will to wait for the riders to amble out of the way (that is if they don't just act like they don't see/hear the car).

The OP made a polite request and even suggested an alternate gathering area. If it means one or two drivers less think "ALL CYCLISTS ARE SELFISH A-HOLES", try it and see?

4 minutes ago, HdB said:

Probably just me but... if you are worried about the gym instructors driving in like maniacs, wouldn't it make sense to not stand in the middle of the road right in front of an entrance where it is basically guaranteed that at some point someone is going to need to drive?

Or if someone wants to park in that first parking spot left of the entrance, they will to wait for the riders to amble out of the way (that is if they don't just act like they don't see/hear the car).

The OP made a polite request and even suggested an alternate gathering area. If it means one or two drivers less think "ALL CYCLISTS ARE SELFISH A-HOLES", try it and see?

100%. When people want to get from the parking lot to the shop they generally use the entrance - which in this case is blocked by a bunch of cyclists.

This is a really simple problem to solve and yet...egos, finger pointing and me me ME! The mind boggles.

Just go buy a coffee before (Edit: and after) you go for your ride and all will be forgiven .... ????.

Edited by TheoG

On 11/22/2021 at 7:18 PM, OVERDRIVE said:

Greetings fellow Hubbers

Quick request from the owner of the gym/fitness center by the Seattle Coffee at Grosvenor Crossing. They open up at 0500, which is when most of the rides start, or the meets happen. Their clients cant find parking, as there are many of us also raring to go at that time. 

Was hoping-any chance the congregating could happen on the other side, directly across from the Seattle so the early morning clients can get parking and also get their workout in? We all know how tough times are and loosing an already waning customer base is really tough. 

If all the guys and gals could get together in the marked area? just to give the tenants a hand. 

With peace and cycling love. 

image.png.ea817f974e629e706fdf0c1214189fc7.png

PHOTO-2021-11-18-09-45-54.jpg

We head out from there at 5am on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. 

Have requested our members to park away from the gym, we don't mind walking an extra 20m for our post ride Seattle Coffee. 

After all, we're athletes, not gym bunnies ????

1 hour ago, Tertius1 said:

Would also like to suggest that the Gym Instructor/s don't drive in like maniacs. Also, as seen in the videos..there is a lot of amble parking. This morning, by chance we assembled there. Please take a video of were we actually assemble every morning. When we, cyclists sitting down having coffee, we don't complain about the load music. Spread the love! 

Thank you. 

24 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

bwahahahahahaha you so funny.

People go to gym to take selfies and pose in front of the mirrors. Some even go to have a quick tug. But exercise....that's what the folks on the bikes are intending to do

8 minutes ago, ACE Cycles said:

We head out from there at 5am on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. 

Have requested our members to park away from the gym, we don't mind walking an extra 20m for our post ride Seattle Coffee. 

After all, we're athletes, not gym bunnies ????

Because the best way we can stop majority of people hating cyclist or reduce peoples perception that all cyclist are A**holes is to marginalize any other form of "exercise"

Athletes, hahaha

For every gym bunny there is an overweight mamil in lycra whos ego is so fragile that he feels that his SWorks will get him a few seconds faster to the coffee shop.

And as you think little of gym rats, im pretty sure we look just as stupid to them pedaling our two wheels in tight lycra and hairless legs.

OP or rather the Gym is not asking for much.

Pre Pandemic, I use to be that guy at gym at 5am sharp to get a quick workout in and needed to rush off to work immediately after Im done. Trust me,  the last thing you need is for some cyclist thinking they own the parking area when i need to be on the highway off to work.

Thank you. 

hahaha epic first post... took a while

6 minutes ago, YaseenEnos said:

Because the best way we can stop majority of people hating cyclist or reduce peoples perception that all cyclist are A**holes is to marginalize any other form of "exercise"

Athletes, hahaha

For every gym bunny there is an overweight mamil in lycra whos ego is so fragile that he feels that his SWorks will get him a few seconds faster to the coffee shop.

And as you think little of gym rats, im pretty sure we look just as stupid to them pedaling our two wheels in tight lycra and hairless legs.

OP or rather the Gym is not asking for much.

Pre Pandemic, I use to be that guy at gym at 5am sharp to get a quick workout in and needed to rush off to work immediately after Im done. Trust me,  the last thing you need is for some cyclist thinking they own the parking area when i need to be on the highway off to work.

Wow, you're easily triggered... 

It's unfortunate that you missed the humor in my post ????

Thank you. 

This is why most people think cyclist are self centered egotistical A-holes... Well done on your first post and welcome to BikeHub

Oh! & BTW why would you complain about load music - If it was lowed, I could understand, but load ...sorry i'm lost here, someone throw me a bone  

5 minutes ago, ACE Cycles said:

I started my post by abiding by the OPs request and asked our riders to park somewhere else. 

A simple "Thank you" would suffice

@YaseenEnos is not even from the area.  A well deserved "thank you" from the OP is what you looking for ... :).