Request from Gym at Grosvenor Crossing, Byranston to those who take off from there (Peaceful and with Cycling Love)

OVERDRIVE

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, _David_ said:

https://assets.bikehub.co.za/monthly_2021_11/VIDEO-2021-11-18-09-45-57.mp4.80c4634725b6f2194d05e96d97d3946c.mp4

I honestly don't get what the problem is? Lots of available parking, 2 spots right next to the entrance? ????‍♂️

They probably can't access them due to the massive group of cyclists standing around in the road.... ????

It would seem that the boitjies in Jozi are mad at the world. Gym okes tooning cyclists, cyclists tooning okes in white rangers. Okes in white rangers tooning everyone in their way preventing immediate access to the bench-press section.

Okes must chill, and come ride Cape Town. Here the okes are relaxed because we have the mountain bru...and the sea.

As has been mentioned by @Karooryder, first world problems.

4 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

It would seem that the boitjies in Jozi are mad at the world. Gym okes tooning cyclists, cyclists tooning okes in white rangers. Okes in white rangers tooning everyone in their way preventing immediate access to the bench-press section.

Okes must chill, and come ride Cape Town. Here the okes are relaxed because we have the mountain bru...and the sea. and skollies around every corner with a knife (or polo) wanting to take your bike

As has been mentioned by @Karooryder, first world problems.

fixed that for you

13 minutes ago, ouzo said:

fixed that for you

'strue, but this is Cape Town after all. But that has not deterred cyclists from getting out and doing their thing. Just don't cycle past Du Noon , or Ocean View , or Red Hill , or Contermanskloof Road , or Woodstock , or Spaanschemat Road , or Constantia Nek , or Main Road . . . 

ag donner  . . . time for a new hobby

On 11/22/2021 at 7:18 PM, OVERDRIVE said:

Greetings fellow Hubbers

Quick request from the owner of the gym/fitness center by the Seattle Coffee at Grosvenor Crossing. They open up at 0500, which is when most of the rides start, or the meets happen. Their clients cant find parking, as there are many of us also raring to go at that time. 

Was hoping-any chance the congregating could happen on the other side, directly across from the Seattle so the early morning clients can get parking and also get their workout in? We all know how tough times are and loosing an already waning customer base is really tough. 

If all the guys and gals could get together in the marked area? just to give the tenants a hand. 

With peace and cycling love. 

image.png.ea817f974e629e706fdf0c1214189fc7.png

PHOTO-2021-11-18-09-45-54.jpg

The odds of your intended target audience being on BikeHub alone are small. Have you considered talking directly to the groups that form or putting up some signs?

16 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

'strue, but this is Cape Town after all. But that has not deterred cyclists from getting out and doing their thing. Just don't cycle past Du Noon , or Ocean View , or Red Hill , or Contermanskloof Road , or Woodstock , or Spaanschemat Road , or Constantia Nek , or Main Road . . . 

ag donner  . . . time for a new hobby

mo3r hulle met jou kierie .....

5 minutes ago, Frosty said:

It’s not the only place… should I post the reply? ????????

image.png.e5da975a5073e0c8bdab673a5a965a66.png

THIS POST HAS JUST BEEN AWARDED THE WINNER OF THE INTERNET FOR 25 NOVEMBER 2021 

Kuk funny does not even begin to explain what's going on here. I had a good lag now. thanks for posting this.

2 hours ago, copperhead said:

FINE.... I will park in Greyton and ride there. Agreed with most. ENTITLEMENT, it is a strong one in SA. Where is my big white SUV to hoot at those bloody cyclists blocking my path. Watch them go through a bunch of red lights too. ???????? Excuse. Friday are is tomorrow. As you were.

Some POLO's do know how to drive around a group of cyclists

Long-21.jpg.f5098457b5e23ea5c47480ffdae3cb95.jpg

Not exactly a "double cab", but some white bakkie do pass cyclists without hooting 

Long-22.jpg.3ae825edf4b050846ded35eadb6f0037.jpg

why bother with an e-bike .... use the pace car for the hills

Long-23.jpg.30a1ec80d672b0dfd25041d5d7f5b94b.jpg

21 hours ago, madmarc said:

This is why most people think cyclist are self centered egotistical A-holes... Well done on your first post and welcome to BikeHub

Oh! & BTW why would you complain about load music - If it was lowed, I could understand, but load ...sorry i'm lost here, someone throw me a bone  

Is lowed music lowder than loud music or is loud music louder? goat that lode off my soldiers..

3 hours ago, babse said:

who drives to group rides anyway... 

This made me wonder what happened to FRAIL.

He used to ride to rides. No training ride nonsense, He rode to races, from Caper Town. No matter where the race was. Did a few 94.7s, an Amashova and a DC that way. Took him a week or so from CT to Joburg - arrive day before race - race day - return to CT the next morning - home a week later............they don't make 'em like that anymore....................

............oh, no, wait.............there is Copperhead!

Edited by DJR

On 11/24/2021 at 11:50 AM, Tertius1 said:

Would also like to suggest that the Gym Instructor/s don't drive in like maniacs. Also, as seen in the videos..there is a lot of amble parking. This morning, by chance we assembled there. Please take a video of were we actually assemble every morning. When we, cyclists sitting down having coffee, we don't complain about the load music. Spread the love! 

Thank you. 

There is no love in your post, just someone being defensive and butthurt.

So please, dont try to hide behind a weak "Spread the love!" at the end of your post.

23 hours ago, YaseenEnos said:

For every gym bunny there is an overweight mamil in lycra whos ego is so fragile that he feels that his SWorks will get him a few seconds faster to the coffee shop.

oi --- easy on the mamils there mate ---  --- also mamil in lycra is a tautology - (the lycra is taut too and that's not always cos we overweight) ...

MAAIL - middlle aged athlete in lycra