Request from Gym at Grosvenor Crossing, Byranston to those who take off from there (Peaceful and with Cycling Love)

OVERDRIVE

2 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

It would seem that the boitjies in Jozi are mad at the world. Gym okes tooning cyclists, cyclists tooning okes in white rangers. Okes in white rangers tooning everyone in their way preventing immediate access to the bench-press section.

Okes must chill, and come ride Cape Town. Here the okes are relaxed because we have the mountain bru...and the sea.

As has been mentioned by @Karooryder, first world problems.

Look you have to understand that Jozi is a bit bigger than iKipa and likewise the population density. This is towards Fourways my boet, where population 'density' isn't just measured by the number of people per square kilometre. There's also testosterone A type cultural density too, popped collars are the order of the day and no matter anyone's name the official matin/rally call is BYRON, HOWSIT, MY BOOIII ...
Like Bellville and Blouberg to an extent, you know....

Now that I've stereotyped half my mates I expect my FB friends list drop a few percentile too... 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Mamil said:

oi --- easy on the mamils there mate ---  --- also mamil in lycra is a tautology - (the lycra is taut too and that's not always cos we overweight) ...

MAAIL - middlle aged athlete in lycra

haibo, im also a mamil that likes to believe im a maail.

But apparently i suffer from roid rage because i dont ride a sworks

Edited by YaseenEnos

1 minute ago, YaseenEnos said:

haibo, im also a mamil that likes to believe im a maail.

But apparently i suffer from roid rage because i dont ride an sworks

It's OK to gang up on Sworks okes - only very few of them qulify for mamil status in my books

The amount of 'veiled' S-Works envy always amuses me on here and I'm sure many will justify it as just having a laugh ... But ja it takes all types

Just now, NotSoBigBen said:

The amount of 'veiled' S-Works envy always amuses me on here and I'm sure many will justify it as just having a laugh ... But ja it takes all types

One Mr Carvhallo in my start group at 947 epitomized the S-works stereo type. Decked in everything S, had the looks, but in the bunch was all over the place. Everytime I landed up next to or behind him I had to either put in the effort to pass or drop back a bit, he was very erratic.

He obviously stayed with the bunch after I dropped off as i saw him at the stadium afterwards. And what exactly was he doing when i saw him ?

Pushing through against the traffic through the tunnel getting out of the stadium.

10 minutes ago, ouzo said:

One Mr Carvhallo in my start group at 947 epitomized the S-works stereo type. Decked in everything S, had the looks, but in the bunch was all over the place. Everytime I landed up next to or behind him I had to either put in the effort to pass or drop back a bit, he was very erratic.

He obviously stayed with the bunch after I dropped off as i saw him at the stadium afterwards. And what exactly was he doing when i saw him ?

Pushing through against the traffic through the tunnel getting out of the stadium.

Yes that's how we all are, what can I say

28 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

They shoot they score. Sworks h8rs 1 - NotSoBigBen 0!

Just now, NotSoBigBen said:

I probably won't sleep tonight but I'll get over it eventually, we always do

What? You should sleep well every night. That's what 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets are for!

Faaark, this is the best thread I have ever read!! Surely this must be a very early Aprils fool’s joke? How on God’s green earth do you let a hand full of cyclists piss you off so much that you need to film and complain about said people to the interweb?? I suggest a trip to your local Dr to get the carrot surgically removed or at the very least, some Prozac before you end of going postal and sending the static peloton to an early demise.

Edited by FreeSoul

1 minute ago, FreeSoul said:

Faaark, this is the best thread I have ever read!! Surely this must be a very early Aprils fool’s joke? How on God’s green earth do you let a hand full of cyclists piss you off so much that you need to film and complain about said people to the interweb?? I suggest a trip to your local Dr to get the carrot surgically removed or at the very least, some Prozac before you end of going postal and sending the static peloton to an early demise.

No, it seems the Poms trumped everybody with an early April Fools' joke by putting the whole of Southern Africa back on their no travel list. Lots of old ladies in Cape Town will go postal when they hear the news that they are not going to see their grand children for two Christmases in a row. The Durban riots will look like a walk in the park compared to what is about to explode in some old age homes all around the Southern Suburbs! Carers beware!????

15 minutes ago, FreeSoul said:

Well I think was between that and Tertius going full double cab in his first post. 

All in all though, it's not an entirely unreasonable request from the gym that cant be amicably resolved. But it wouldn't be Bryanston/Fourways with out the flexing