Karbona bikes in Ride mag...

AndreZA

I saw the ad and I must sy they look just like the new Raleigh carbon. What do you think?

20061031_003154_karbona.jpg

http://www.raleigh.co.za/images/stories/2007bikes/elite_road/rc_team.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip, would also like to get feedback on price and where one can look at them + get all the techncal specs

Waar kan mens van hulle sien of koop..

In die November uitgawe van Ride is daar 'n advertensie. Vir 'n DA group met carbon wiele, post, stem, bars en crank is dit R24 000.

Most of the frames comes from the same factory. Small changes and you've got a different name on it.

Raleigh is only big in SA. I've lived in Europe for 7 1/2 years and I haven't seen a Raleigh on the road once. I must add, not even Litespeed. Makes me wonder...................

smallrebel: Europe is carbon crazy...'merican's are titanium crazy...hence why you won't easily find Seven's, Serotta's, Merlin's etc in Europe. Well...thats my OWN OPINION (for the trolls) LOL

Personally...I'd give a kidney for a custom made Seven or Serotta...sweet sweet 6/4 Ti...how do I love thee...let me count the ways...Embarrassed

Sean Kelly rides a Merlin Ti.  He mentioned this while commentating for Eurosport during this year's TdF.

He said he loved the Merlin, but that there are so many good, cheap frames avialable nowadays, one can hardly go wrong.

Big%20smile

To the "untrained" eye I'd have said its the same frame....If one looks closely there differences for certain....still better looking than the Raleigh...

"DTThumbs%20Up"

Post a pic fatty and we all can dream with you.

20061031_030642_axiomrace.jpg

Seven Axiom Race Embarrassed

20061031_030753_legend_ST_06.jpg

Serotta Legend Clap

Unfortunately as far as I know (speaking under correction of course), just one of these custom frames will set you back close to what Cruxie's whole 'dale set him back. It really is something you chose because you love the material and workmanship...

Hmmmmmm, not to be funny but those two bikes are butt ugly.......think it's because I got accustomed to oversized frames...looks like the anorecsic :)

Hmmmmmm' date=' not to be funny but those two bikes are butt ugly.......think it's because I got accustomed to oversized frames...looks like the anorecsic :)[/quote']

GO AND WASH YOU MOUTH OUT WITH ACID AND STAND IN THE CORNER. NO DINNER FOR YOU UNTIL YOU GET SOME MANNERS!!!