Why is it so difficult to buy or convert a bike to an EBIKE

FrogeyeSAJohn

46 minutes ago, FrogeyeSA said:

Why would they look awful? As an ultimate rubber, your comment is not really appropriate.

Best grow a THICK skin ....

As an ebike rider you will endure more snide remarks than a Landy owner at a Hilux gathering .....

Even my friends on normal bikes have commented on the "type of comments" I get riding my ebike.  I am long gone past the point where it bothers me, I just tag in with more jokes.

52 minutes ago, FrogeyeSA said:

Why would they look awful? .....

From the Chilled Squirrel website -

People dont even notice the Hub mount.  The only thing "showing" it is an ebike is battery, and this is the same for most ebikes

Hub.JPG.011a853c601a5c3c3f68beb30224d6fa.JPG

The mid mount certainly is noticeable .... though I have seen a fellow Hubber at the local trails on one of these.  Only reason I knew he was riding an ebike was the battery filling the triangle ... only then did I notice the "motor hanging below the bike".

Mid.JPG.f42eb1969f9951eb3ad7ad3923adba5c.JPG

I was well on my way to doing this exact conversion when I stumbled upon the demo model deal at Darrvin.

ENJOY your new bikes !!!

PS - that full suss of yours is a VERY nice bike.  See a lot of it on EMBN.

Just in case everyone thinks I only enjoy riding my EBike, here are three of some of my other bikes.

Two Carbon Bianchi both fully equipped with Dura Ace. A Panasonic DX6000 Steel bike equipped with Shimano 600 groupset.

IMG-9223.jpg

Glad you got sorted but living in Edenvale you missed getting hold of Desmond Soekoe  https://soekoe.co.za/ in Fishers Hill just up the road . He builds E Bikes and Motorised Bikes from scratch . A mate of mine bought components from him and built his own E Bike 

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2021 at 10:07 PM, FrogeyeSAJohn said:

For the last four weeks, I have been trying to get one of the EBike agents/distributors/ manufacturers to respond to queries on doing business with them with little success. Maybe the weather in the Cape is always Chilled and hence they are in hibernation.

Living in Gauteng does not help because all EBikes seem to be centered around Western Cape.

Short of spending up to R 100K on one of the recognised brands where does one go?

Feedback is appreciated.

John Reidy

Hello John, Hope you well , if you still looking for something please feel free to contact us Chilled Squirrel 0214470304 email : info@chilledsquirrel.com 

16 minutes ago, CHILLED SQUIRREL E-BIKES said:

Hello John, Hope you well , if you still looking for something please feel free to contact us Chilled Squirrel 0214470304 email : info@chilledsquirrel.com 

If my customers had to wait eight weeks for me to respond to a query on a potential sale, I would long ago have been out of business.

No thanks, I don't need your services anymore. I have sourced three EBikes since my original enquiry.

John