Lock on grip advice

Jono

The single review looks positive, I just have my doubts on how they will perform in the wet or in my case sweaty hands, the pattern looks quite smooth. But this is takealot, the returns should be painless if they are not up to scratch. 

8 hours ago, Jono said:

Looking for thin lock on grips (30mm) that are in stock and preferably black and flangeless. Any recommendations?

Anyone have experience with these?

https://www.takealot.com/t4u-pro-lock-on-grips/PLID71718910?gclid=Cj0KCQiAhf2MBhDNARIsAKXU5GTI8rXT0Xlw78iUBJWMWeHNv4W6JGnF9jliA3nJkocuEXTiNpRbF8saAr51EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Hi Jono

What is "flangeless" ?  (I use foam grips, so not up to speed on the terms for the lock grips)

PS - Where are you ?  In the South, or on the right side of the boerewors-curtain ?

On 11/26/2021 at 5:19 PM, ChrisF said:

Hi Jono

What is "flangeless" ?  (I use foam grips, so not up to speed on the terms for the lock grips)

PS - Where are you ?  In the South, or on the right side of the boerewors-curtain ?

Flanged 

Dmr Brendog DeathGrip Thick Flanged Mountain Bike Grips- Buy Online in  South Africa at Desertcart - 51435972.

Flangeless (What you normally see at the LBS)
Amazon.com : MARQUE Race Mountain Bike Handlebar Grips – Single Lock-On  Ring Collar MTB and BMX Bicycle Handle Bar with Non-Slip Grip, Knurly  Gritty Pattern and Half Waffle Pattern (Black) : Sports

I have a set I'm not using. Still new Specialized Lock On Grips with no flange and closed ends.

Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Edited by Wannabe

4 hours ago, TheoG said:

Besides the fact that the takealot ones are "flangeless", they are also "open", meaning on the end cap side it is not closed off.

I spotted that, can't imagine they wouldn't come with end caps. My concern is not knowing the diameter. 

On 11/26/2021 at 5:19 PM, ChrisF said:

Hi Jono

See @Hairy reply above re flangeless. Thanks Hairy!

I'm in the South (Tokai), the right side ????

14 minutes ago, Jono said:

See @Hairy reply above re flangeless. Thanks Hairy!

I'm in the South (Tokai), the right side ????

My passport has lapsed for that side of the Republic ..... :P

If you can arrange pickup in Bellville you can get a brand new set of Giant grips :thumbup:    Too thin for my bulky hands, I immediately put on Chuncky ESI grips.  DM me if you are interested, sure we can make some sort of plan, even a pick up in Plumstead

19 hours ago, Jono said:

Going to look into this. Do these guys sell direct?

No, but you can buy it here:

Normal: https://thehangerbikeco.co.za/product/burgtec-bartender-pro-greg-minaar-grip/

Super soft compound: https://thehangerbikeco.co.za/product/burgtec-bartender-pro-greg-minaar-grip-super-soft/

Both are really good. I prefer the super soft compound personally. Best grip I've used. 

I would not touch those Chinese Takealot grips - they look short - as many cheaper grips are and I doubt the rubber compound is good. I have ridden/am riding Esi, ODI, Spesh and Nukeproof. The latter were 10 pounds at CRC and are grippy, thick enough and have lovely aluminium end caps. Spesh enduro grips are quite hard and have a rubber end that gets destroyed if you have a lie down. Best are plastic or metal end caps that are held in place by the clamp.

Those are my exact grips. The flange is not really a flange and covers the inboard clamp...

Nukeproof-Horizon-Race-Grip-Bar-Grips-Black-Red-82172600005.jpg

Edited by Headshot