Absa Cape Epic 2022

'Dale

2 hours ago, babse said:

That is some elevation on the prologue 

I also saw that !. Hard like ever .Stage one ,two and six will be brutal .I think six will be the hardest .Those vineyard climbs are smooth but very steep .More than 17000m  of climbing !!

Edited by eala

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Great route!!

darn, wish I could be on the start line for this one 

I'm not too familiar with the Greyton area but heard its ever improving... That Stellenbosch leg does look proper and really would mind racing through Jonkershoek ????

I rode the Greyton routes in the Greytescape in 2019. That UFO climb holds special memories and boy is it going to be a scorcher in March.

prologue is proper as is stage 1. There’s no free rides in 2022 

Sjo, very nice route! I'm a bit miffed that prologue has been moved away from UCT from a spectator point of view, but for the riders this looks like an epic Epic. ????  

51 minutes ago, JohanDiv said:

Where can I find a map of the stages? I'm only seeing profiles for each stage on their website.. 

I cant remember them ever publishing the actual route. They do give a rough description and key points on the profile so if you know the areas well you can figure out the layout.