Absa Cape Epic 2022

'Dale

6 hours ago, babse said:

I'm not too familiar with the Greyton area but heard its ever improving... That Stellenbosch leg does look proper and really would mind racing through Jonkershoek ????

Tygerberg MTB membership includes access to Greyton trails, in original fee.  Still applicably to 2022.

Bucket list .... want to ride those trails

24 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Tygerberg MTB membership includes access to Greyton trails, in original fee.  Still applicably to 2022.

Bucket list .... want to ride those trails

Should make a weekend of it, Saturday ride North Side of Town trails and perhaps combine it with the West side for mileage, then the sunday East & South Sides.

3 hours ago, milky4130 said:

I cant remember them ever publishing the actual route. They do give a rough description and key points on the profile so if you know the areas well you can figure out the layout.

They never publish the route, too many rogue riders will spoil it for the competitors 

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

They never publish the route, too many rogue riders will spoil it for the competitors 

That too which is also why they advise you to mark them private on Strava after each stage but doesnt seem like that rule is enforced either.

Did this route in 2014, UFO and Rusty Gates on the same day. This is a pretty tough route!

1 hour ago, copperhead said:

I rode 2014. I care not to remember it 🤣🤣

With your distances over the last two years it would be interesting to see you in these events .....

57 minutes ago, Eldron said:

I went up Rusty Gate in '14 with a sub 70kg mountain goat partner. I still have nightmares and wake up tasting copper in my mouth!

I spent a lot of time admiring the view.. When we got down the other side we were going to have a swim in the dam at the bottom, but then decided not to.. Lucky for us, because they had extended the route, and we only found this out at the third water point by the medusa... Had 21 kays to do in 55 minutes..

sportograf-45549215_lowres.jpg