Wood glue puncture repair

Sepia

On a more serious note.

I worked in Tanzania for a long time and as such this was where I rode for 9 months of the year. There are no fancy cycling paths. No sir, you share the tracks with cattle, goats, motorbikes, pedestrians and thorns. Due to covid I was there for such a long stint that the bike's tires showed no more tread and frequent flats. So, when the opportunity presented for someone to bring in a new set of tires, it was grabbed with both hands. The friends brought the new tires over upon their arrival and I wasted no time changing them out. Those tires, both the front and the rear, looked like pin cushions turned inside out. The average thorns in the area where I rode were about 20mm in length and about 2mm at the base. The trees bearing these thorns is the favourite firewood for the locals and they drag branches for tonight's cooking from the tree to the home via the tracks we all shared. My friends said that I would have told them how bad it was, they would never have believed me. Seeing is believing I guess. And then there is the discussions about what slime/sludge is the best.... It doesn't matter. Just don't go without!