Oneup 35mm Stem

Matt Gibbs

Anyone in the hub come across any decent online stores that stock and supply oneup 35mm stems? Specifically looking for the stem that accommodates the oneup edc tool.

I stand under correction, but do not believe it has to be a OneUp stem, I have the edc tool fitted into an Industry 9 stem.

The One-Up stem means you don't have to tap the steerer to fit the tool.

OP - the agent is out of stock at the moment, so if a search isn't turning anything up you may be out of luck or need to find someone with the tap and topcap.

2 hours ago, Matt Gibbs said:

Anyone in the hub come across any decent online stores that stock and supply oneup 35mm stems? Specifically looking for the stem that accommodates the oneup edc tool.

Believe trailtech distribute oneup products, if you haven't tried them.

Else bring it in from Europe, might even be cheaper

Thanks MajG - I see they sell them at trailtech but they appear to be out of stock and I duno when they will get again.

Any clues of places to order from in the EU and how you get it into SA? Anything you purchased from overseas through someone reputable and can recommend?

bike-components from Germany keeps OneUp. Used them several times with the standard 20 euro shipping charge. Your parcel will hit SAPO though and that is when it can go tits up. I've always had my orders from them arrive within a month.

3 hours ago, Matt Gibbs said:

Stay far far far far away from the EDC stem u less you feel like fiddling with a headset before during and after a ride. 

OneUp discontinued the concept as well. Huge waste of money on my end and I ended up threading my steerer. 

The stem isnt the problem. The clamp concept is. 

Trailtech Cycles do OneUp but any stem will work with the tool. 

Edited by Steady Spin

Thanks Steady Spin, I was worried something like this could come up, it all seemed too darn good to be true!

I have a really decent stem atm (lyne 35mm) but hoped to try eliminate all the extra costs involved here (threadless carrier or top cap). 

I have however found a decent alternative here by granite-design, so might go with them https://www.granite-design.co.za/product-page/stash-multi-tool

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2021 at 4:22 PM, Steady Spin said:

https://trailtechcycles.co.za/products/oneup-edc-tool-lite-coming-soon

One option. 

Other one is the threadless carrier and tool

Bit more expensive though. 

Back to the EDC stem… i had to use a ratchet strap to preload the headset so I could center the stem perfectly. It is a two person job otherwise. 

Thanks for the info, sounds like it's more effort than reward 🤙