Going to build a small MTB trail. What should I put in it?

Evelxte

Table tops! Fun for the jumpers and pretty safe for the non jumpers.

Everybody likes berms.

Bomb holes - make sure there is drainage.

Pump sections.

I built a 500m track at my house and it is amazing what you can build just using the stuff you have lying around (I lived on a plot so there was a bit of a selection).

If you have a slope put the fun stuff on the way down and have a pretty direct route back to the top where you can give it some gas - interval training AND fun...

2 hours ago, Eldron said:

Table tops! Fun for the jumpers and pretty safe for the non jumpers.

Everybody likes berms.

Bomb holes - make sure there is drainage.

Pump sections.

I built a 500m track at my house and it is amazing what you can build just using the stuff you have lying around (I lived on a plot so there was a bit of a selection).

If you have a slope put the fun stuff on the way down and have a pretty direct route back to the top where you can give it some gas - interval training AND fun...

How long did it take

35 minutes ago, Evelxte said:

How long did it take

2 days with a Boncat to create the basic layout and about a week with 1 guy to create around 8 features (start ramp, berns, table tops, bombhole, etc). 

I have built a mtb trail 2.7km , by hand my gardener and I now started adding fun sections.  Started during lockdown, key is make it flow and use the topography to your advantage, and table tops , berms and gap jumps are key but have alternate lines Around obstacles for beginners. Easy part is creating harder part is maintaining the growth of weeks and the like , make path nice and wide so u limit encroachment of weeds and grass. Also see if anyone can drop of soil in key spots that’s helps a lot , and get more from cycling community involved it takes a lot of work 

A small bobcat will do wonders in helping build and layout the trail, then you can just ad features. Use the bobcat just to clear vegetation then have a look at the natural line and decide what to ad where.

9 hours ago, Grumpy4 said:

Awesome!

Memories of the track build at a local primary school over a three year period.

Labour of love…was proud when I saw a child or grown-up use it. I am a desk jockey, left thumbs, was proud of the shovel work.

Unfortunately the School decided a rugby field more important…still no field..