Ride Routes: Hors Catégorie.

Bike Hub Features

53 minutes ago, MVDP fan said:

That’s a hectic climb!! Had to zig zag up the climb with the front wheel popping up off the ground. Tough bastard of a climb 😅😅😅

The only one of our group who rode the bugger - just remembered it was from Franschoek we rode - I fell over in the car park. 

1 minute ago, Mamil said:

The only one of our group who rode the bugger - just remembered it was from Franschoek we rode - I fell over in the car park. 

another little 'lie down'? thought it was just me that did that!

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

It's a monster climb alright and I walked up that last straight bit to the tower - but when we rode it, we rode from Cape Town to Jonaskop and back ... #justsaying

Wow 🤩 that’s a proper ride mate!! 

A mate and i did this climb but we rode from Durbanville on our roadbikes. we didnt know about the gravel sections so that was interesting but we finally made the top. Climb is hectic on a roadbike. Road surface is very rough and the downhill was crazy. Had to stop 3 times to stretch back and neck. Eventually though we called for a lift from Villiersdorp after 180km and 3200m. I cannot wait to attemp the climb again but on a mtb. Definitely a climb to do and tick off the bucket list.

I AM FROTHING to head out and do this climb... Thinking mid December. I think I will take my gravel bike though as the ratios are a lot nicer for climbing a beast like this... 38 front 42 rear on gravel or 39 front and 28 rear on road... But paying a 2.5kg weight penalty and the rolling resistance for the gravel bike (I will exclude aero as I don't think that will have much effect on this beast)

3 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I AM FROTHING to head out and do this climb... Thinking mid December. I think I will take my gravel bike though as the ratios are a lot nicer for climbing a beast like this... 38 front 42 rear on gravel or 39 front and 28 rear on road... But paying a 2.5kg weight penalty and the rolling resistance for the gravel bike (I will exclude aero as I don't think that will have much effect on this beast)

I'll do it with a friend between xmas and new years. Either we go from franschoek on the MTBs or we park at the gate and do it twice on the skinnies

Edited by Jbr

12 minutes ago, samson99 said:

A mate and i did this climb but we rode from Durbanville on our roadbikes. we didnt know about the gravel sections so that was interesting but we finally made the top. Climb is hectic on a roadbike. Road surface is very rough and the downhill was crazy. Had to stop 3 times to stretch back and neck. Eventually though we called for a lift from Villiersdorp after 180km and 3200m. I cannot wait to attemp the climb again but on a mtb. Definitely a climb to do and tick off the bucket list.

mmmh okay thanks for the input ;)

4 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I'll do it with a friend between xmas and new years. Either we go from franschoek on the MTBs or we park at the gate and do it twice on the skinnies

Your ride bike has disc brakes so it is basically a gravel bike. I have the 10-36 cassette waiting for you...