2021 Rapha Festive 500

mecheng89

Good morning Hubbers!

The Rapha 500 is once again upon us, and this year I want to make my experience even more epic that the year before.

So, what are the plans out there for rides to make up the 500km between Xmas eve and NYE? 

Trying to use Strava to plan routes but nothing inspiring. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never finished the challenge before but this year Im ready and excited to go for it. So much so that I have the ambitious hope to do a 500km route around Potch that I have planned earlier this year. Its on my bucketlist and why not do it after the christmas food loading. Work goes on as normal so Ill try to finish and rest as its a long weekend. Sounds romantic, what can go wrong?! Can call it the Chrismas GRIT without the 4.5k entry tag.Hehe

Edited by Stevovo

25 minutes ago, Mailman7412 said:

First time in a decade that i am off over this period. Gonna give it a go.

haha same 

Plan is to start with the 9 loops at Klapperkop on the 26th then follow that up with 100 -150km daily MTB rides. Last year I did the same and my FTP shot up nicely for the Cullinan to Tonteldoos MTB Ultra in April.

I was going to use the European Xmas weather as an excuse until i read up about the origins of the challenge.

I'll give it a go along these lines:

"Graeme insists this is one challenge where it is the taking part that really counts: “I always wanted it to be on a social level, to go out as groups and explore new roads and new places. You don’t have to do the 500km. Why don’t you just do five rides? Why don’t you just have the ambition to go out"

The #Festive500: A Challenge By Half | Rapha

24 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

I was going to use the European Xmas weather as an excuse until i read up about the origins of the challenge.

I'll give it a go along these lines:

"Graeme insists this is one challenge where it is the taking part that really counts: “I always wanted it to be on a social level, to go out as groups and explore new roads and new places. You don’t have to do the 500km. Why don’t you just do five rides? Why don’t you just have the ambition to go out"

The #Festive500: A Challenge By Half | Rapha

well if doing 5 rides is part of the spirit/origin of it then its a go for me.