Pirelli partners with UAE Team Emirates in 2022

News bot

Milan (Italy), 17 December 2021.  A few days before the start of the new year, Pirelli announces yet another sporting partnership with another cycling team in the top UCI category: the World Tour UAE Team Emirates.  The team, which has a high-profile roster starting with Slovenian Tadej Pogacar, will ride on Pirelli tyres in 2022 […]

View full article

16 minutes ago, Sampaj said:

Are their tyres known for puncturing easily?

not really, just a friday post.

I had a set once and punctured twice in 300km. But you now... cape town roads and broken glass ;)

I run these tyres and have never had a flat, use the really soft compound and no issues at all. I came back to SA to see my mom and flatted 15min into the 1st ride. 

There no car bottle throwing championships in Europe......

20 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

I run these tyres and have never had a flat, use the really soft compound and no issues at all. I came back to SA to see my mom and flatted 15min into the 1st ride. 

There no car bottle throwing championships in Europe......

It's actually depressing... I don't even want to think about how bad it's going to be on the 1st of jan after all the partying, because it is already so bad...

After two years on tubeless I was so nervous when I hired a bicycle in Alpe d'huez going for a 150km ride and they only gave me one tube. They looked at me weird when I asked if I could get a 2nd one just in case.

I threw a set of these in the bin after 10 rides - i had 10 separate punctures in the cradle area in that time.

i was running tubes at the time.

but glad they have found a good team!

• 4 weeks later...

Can you experienced roadies actually determine a performance differential between different tyre brands or is it really just the width and durability ie puncture resistance and comfort that determines which tyres you ride? For instance if I buy an under R400 Maxxis 26c "training tyre", as opposed to a R1000 plus Pirelli or Conti, am I going to be faster? 

I’ve been running the Pirelli Velo and Velo 4s 25c on my bike for the past two years, just changed to the Pirelli Velo Road 26c.

the new tyre at 26c measures 26mm whereas the old tyres measured 28mm at 90psi. The new tyres at 100psi feel more comfortable than the old at 90psi. 
faster? No I doubt it but the new tyres have a much better feel when cornering that translates into a bit of over confidence in my part. My other bike now has the velo4s on the back and a Vitoria diamante 24C in the front. The Diamanté is inflated to 105psi while the rear 4S is at 90psi . The diamanté feels softer and more compliant at a slightly higher tpi.

so no for you I don’t think it will make much difference. For me purveyor of fine rubber ribbed vs dimpled it’s all about the feel. The longer the ride the more feel you want I guess

Be interesting to see what emerges from the partnership regarding new (especially) tubeless tech. Pirelli will certainly develop until they are on par with the best. Pogocar won't tolerate flats..

Mmmm, looking for a nice fast set of tubeless tyres. I like the idea of a 26mm, 25s a tad firm, 28s a wee bit fat. I run choopliss at 55-65 psi.