Pirelli partners with UAE Team Emirates in 2022

News bot

On 12/22/2021 at 3:48 PM, J Wakefield said:

I run these tyres and have never had a flat, use the really soft compound and no issues at all. I came back to SA to see my mom and flatted 15min into the 1st ride. 

There no car bottle throwing championships in Europe......

Its a mess out there. I did two road rides in December/Jan and flatted my rear tyre 10k's in on the first one. Amazingly a ride through lower Salt River didn't result in a flat...

• 5 months later...
On 6/17/2022 at 9:04 PM, Sid the Sloth said:

Stoke levels with the Pirellis did not look high today in Slovenia

Edited by DieselnDust

If they are using the tubeless tyres I would encourage the team mechanics to run those tyres in before use in a wet race. I had a pretty sketchy CTCT with a rather nervous new rear TLR Race. The front had over 1000km on it already and it was ok but not as good as the std Race  or Race SL tyre with a latex tube. The tubes versions are so much gripper out of the box. Pirelli probably needs to look at the TLR production process. It’s almost like they use too much mould release. 
the flip side is these tyres hardly wear for the first couple of 1000km. 
Key to good grip is a running in period. Maybe even use older tyres that have lots of kms in them in wet conditions 

10 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

If they are using the tubeless tyres I would encourage the team mechanics to run those tyres in before use in a wet race. I had a pretty sketchy CTCT with a rather nervous new rear TLR Race. The front had over 1000km on it already and it was ok but not as good as the std Race  or Race SL tyre with a latex tube. The tubes versions are so much gripper out of the box. Pirelli probably needs to look at the TLR production process. It’s almost like they use too much mould release. 
the flip side is these tyres hardly wear for the first couple of 1000km. 
Key to good grip is a running in period. Maybe even use older tyres that have lots of kms in them in wet conditions 

Where do you get latex tubes?

2 hours ago, Mamil said:

Where do you get latex tubes?

Chainreactioncycles

Evobikes imported them for a short while but don’t anylonger.

whoever does challengetires might have stock but basically they’re hens teeth in SA