Sunscreen - what works?

FDP

What are you all using? Different types for different sports/body parts?

I have been using Nivea Invisible spray for the longest time, but always open to better suggestions. 

Edited by FDP

PicknPay has a home brand they that's called "Sun Sure" I've been using the 50 spf for the last couple years and its amazing. Not super oily, waterproof and doesn't run into the eyes when you sweat either. Use it for everything from riding to kite surfing. Comes in different sizes, I just buy the monster 450ml pump bottle which is cheap at about R250.

Oh did I mention, I'm a ginger so its GINGER APPROVED ™

I’ve just done a mtb trip from Joburg to Cape Town, a guy we know went to a dermatologist and they recommended this sunblock, cetephil factor 50+ (It’s quite expensive but well worth the money)
After riding for 11 days, mostly through harsh Karoo heat, didn’t get even a hint of sunburn.

4B69B06E-73B8-4ED8-94F0-EECB24F5C6E1.jpeg

Go for the Cetaphil Gel rather. The lotion comes off with sweat, which is *** when it runs into your eyes. The gel one doesn't run when you get sweaty and protects like a boss

1 hour ago, Eldron said:

The one that tastes best when you sweat it into your mouth!

Was hoping there is one which doesn't do this....

ISDIN Fotoprotector is excellent (it's in fact something over 100 SPF per dermatologist) but sadly also horrendously expensive (near enough R500 for 50ml) but it goes a very long way too - you can spread it very thin and it still works very, very well. I use it on my face mostly/only because sweat has no effect on it at all; you don't even know you have sunscreen on. I haven't found anything else yet that doesn't run into my eyes and burn like heck although I see some options in the previous posts. I then use a cheaper spray on elsewhere (neck, arms, legs). If it matters, one cannot see the stuff at all once it is on either.

Edited by MudLark

Thanks. I used Island Tribe stick before on my face. It did not really run with sweat, but made my face very sticky. Like in your glasses stick to your face and it takes 2-3 showers to rid all traces of it. 

Keen to give the Cetaphil gel a try